Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Request for Fish Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 9:01pm

I will talk with Kelly from RISE and see if you can just donate that to them and they can put it toward this aquarium when needed

Thanks to everyone who have been bringing stuff by the store, We have some of the nicest people in this club you will ever meet.

Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
[email protected]

improdigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote improdigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 7:35am

Thanks Eric for pulling this together for everyone. It's nice to give everyone a chance to be a part of a worthy cause.

So what's left that's needed for the tank? (Updated List from page 1?)

Patrick
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 11:12am

we still need

1 rio 800

10lbs live rock

mushroom rocks

and Flake and frozen foods

Pat, that mushroom rock looks so good in there aquarium,

Edited by FIRE SHRIMP
[email protected]

Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 3:09pm

Update,

I spoke with Rick from the pet factory and they are going to donate the clean up crew  I also spoke with Cris from Fish 4 U and they are going to donate coral frags and stuff not only does this club have great members but also Great store Owners.

[email protected]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote improdigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 3:15pm

Originally posted by FIRE SHRIMP FIRE SHRIMP wrote:

Pat, that mushroom rock looks so good in there aquarium,

Kewl! Be sure and send us all pics when it's done.

Patrick
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 3:24pm

Originally posted by FIRE SHRIMP FIRE SHRIMP wrote:

I spoke with Rick from the pet factory .... I also spoke with Cris from Fish 4 U

Is it just me or do all the other club members think that this makes Eric look like the greatest guy on the planet.  I can't believe he did that. 

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
MBX5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MBX5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 3:48pm
Eric I would like to help even if it's just to by food from you to give to
them. What would be the best way to do it? I can call my CC# in to you if
that works.
Joe

Joe Barnas
Westminster, CO
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 6:08pm
Yes joe you sure can :-)
[email protected]

Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 10:19pm
Eric - its official - you are the greatest guy on the planet!

BTW ... you know I'm good for some frags or $$$ or whatever. I've got some decent green nepthea frags that may do well in that set up. Let me know.
SSpargur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSpargur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 12:59pm
I have some Tulip anemones and a polyp rock I will donate.  Should I just bring them by Eric?

Edited by SSpargur
Sean Spargur
West Valley, UT
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 8:36pm
Yes sean i work sunday Thanks.
[email protected]

Schondar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schondar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 6:41pm
I just wanted to know what is going on with this tank ? My wife is till interested in doing a scrapbook for the tank. Just let me know.

125 gallon reef
ASM G1-X
2-250 watt XM 10k's
220 watt vho actinic

Scott Lund---Evanston,Wyoming 1-307-783-5926 cell 1-307-677-0183
some1h8sme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote some1h8sme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 7:34pm
With the tank tour coming up, would RISE want to have their tank part of that?  That would be cool to see what so many charitable hearts can do.

John G.
John Grandjean
Draper, UT
619-1428
30TallSW w/ 20 gal fuge
10SW
"Not another water test! Didn't I do one a week ago?!?
Grateful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2005 at 5:37pm

Dear Adam and members:

We are just baffled as to why we can not keep fish alive in our tank.  It's been very difficult on the children.  At first, we would tell them that the fish were at the hospital and Eric would rush over another "Nemo", but I am sure we wore him out!  I put an emergency call into him on Monday AM, but as of yet, have not heard from him.  Matt, from The Aquarium, took off early from the BYU just to come and help us yesterday.  He cleaned the tank and re-arranged stuff so there would be more water circulation.  I had the water tested twice from two different people and they both state that everything is perfect.  But this week we lost "Nemo" twice and a beautiful yellow tang that I had watched in the store thrive for the past three months, but died within 24 hours in our tank.  We are running very low on food and I hate bugging Eric.  If anyone would still be willing to help out in any way, we sure could use it!  Matt is willing to accept any donations at The Aquarium to get over to us.  He works there on Thursdays and Saturdays.  His phone number is 255-3698.  Your help would be sincerely and gratefully appreciated.

Kelly Scott
RISE, Inc.
7575 S. 900 E.
Midvale, UT 84047
208-1031 X32
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2005 at 6:08pm

Sorry kelly i have been very busy this week i called you back but just got voice mail if you can call me tomorrow.

Ps i have some frozen food here that i think connie donated,

[email protected]

Grateful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2005 at 8:53am
Thank you so-o-o much, Eric.  I'll give you a call this morning. 
Kelly Scott
RISE, Inc.
7575 S. 900 E.
Midvale, UT 84047
208-1031 X32
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2005 at 3:26pm

Okay, so I called and found out that the YT was from Petco. It may have lived okay there for three months but that's no guarantee that it will do well in a different tank.

Nemo is still alive after four days.  According to Kelly, this is a very good sign.

The coral that was donated by everyone is extending and looking beautiful.

Kelly told me that two separate LFS said the water tests look fine but she didn't know what the numbers were. The water probably tests fine because hair algae is filtering it. The tank probably has 25 snails and 7 hermits, some just added yesterday. It needs more.

She would like to learn more about keeping things healthy. I will go by and check it out sometime soon.

Edited by Mark Peterson
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Grateful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 12:12pm
Came in to feed the two fish this morning, but Nemo,the fifteenth, is gone!  I don't think I can take this pressure anymore of keeping the children happy with "Nemos"...any advice?
Kelly Scott
RISE, Inc.
7575 S. 900 E.
Midvale, UT 84047
208-1031 X32

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote improdigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 12:51pm

OK, this is what we're good at peeps, let's dig in and figure out what is going on.

Kelly can you go into some detail as to how the fish look when they are found dead.

--Are they floating, sunk, or just completely missing?
--If you actually find them dead, do they look 'picked-at' or look healthy but still dead
  ---If 'Picked-at' are the 'cuts' (crabs,shrimp) or have the scales been frazzled or torn out (other fish)
  ---If scales look fine, is nemo's mouth pirched open like he was gasping for air (water quality)

Patrick
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 3:57pm
Maybe they have a mantis shrimp (or something else), that is eating them).
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic