Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedbeing a vendor?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
proskier101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proskier101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: being a vendor?
    Posted: February 22 2015 at 7:47am
Tealgirl an I sell Licorice at events and I'm looking into if its possible to maybe do it here.  Its obviously not fish related.  Are we allowed?  Does the hotel allow candy?

It's delicious! you know you want some!

A few people on here have had some already.  
jbuck13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbuck13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2015 at 8:23am
This is by far the best licorice!
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2015 at 10:36am
We'll need to check the contract but I'm pretty sure that we won't be able to due to hotel policy. When Jeremy gets back in town I'll have him check and get back to you.

P.S. That licorice looks amazing.
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2015 at 10:41am
Feel free to bring some to a club meeting :)
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2015 at 10:44am
Can i ask what the contract states? Like no food and drink will be served?
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2015 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by badfinger badfinger wrote:

Can i ask what the contract states? Like no food and drink will be served?

Well I can't officially announce anything just yet but I can say that food is something we have thought about after this last year. If you didn't see we moved hotels as well so we have some new things in store for this years MWRF : )
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
colesnwbds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colesnwbds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2015 at 9:19am
This licorice deserves an exception to policy memorandum if it is against the rules :)
"Fishes live in the sea, as men do a-land; the great ones eat up the little ones."

— William Shakespeare
Molli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2015 at 9:30am
Personally i see food as a problem. Some of these vendors bring in some really expensive animals for sale and who wants a bunch of kids or adults dropping food in or near their displays. Food should not be the draw to this event.

Edited by Molli - February 23 2015 at 9:31am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proskier101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2015 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Molli Molli wrote:

Personally i see food as a problem. Some of these vendors bring in some really expensive animals for sale and who wants a bunch of kids or adults dropping food in or near their displays. Food should not be the draw to this event.

There should be some sort of snack for an event that lasts from 8am-3pm ish.

If who ever knows the contract stuff could message me, I'm curious to see what the planning steps are.
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2015 at 9:47am
Hey,

What is this event? I asked in a different thread and never heard anything.

Is it the frag selling thing?

Marcos

RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
justchillinuno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2015 at 9:51am
Is this in reference to the SEPT event?
55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!
Molli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2015 at 9:57am
Originally posted by proskier101 proskier101 wrote:

So rent a separate space for people to eat and keep it away from the vendors. I have seen this problem before at events selling quality merchandise and many vendors would cringe at the thought of kids spilling their snack food into a tank. I think its a terrible idea and let people make their own plans about how to keep their stomach fed away from the tanks. Believe me..vendors aren't going to return if the club sets this event up in a way that is not looking out for these vendors animals and the vendors shouldn't have this added layer of policing their area.
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2015 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Marcoss Marcoss wrote:

Hey,

Marcos

http://www.mountainwestreeffest.com/

This year will be the 6th year.  It's an educational event, we have well know speakers throughout the hobby come out and speak with club as well as a main floor room with coral/fish vendors as well as manufacturers. 

Check out the MWRF facebook page (like it for updates and contests) for pictures. 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mountain-West-Reef-Fest/228437120652865?ref=bookmarks
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2015 at 10:12am
Originally posted by proskier101 proskier101 wrote:

Originally posted by Molli Molli wrote:

If who ever knows the contract stuff could message me, I'm curious to see what the planning steps are.

Jeremy has the hotel and contract information as Justin had mentioned but he is out of town right now so it will be a bit until he is back and can respond. 
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2015 at 10:15am
Originally posted by jdinchak jdinchak wrote:

Originally posted by Marcoss Marcoss wrote:

Hey,

Marcos

http://www.mountainwestreeffest.com/

This year will be the 6th year.  It's an educational event, we have well know speakers throughout the hobby come out and speak with club as well as a main floor room with coral/fish vendors as well as manufacturers. 

Check out the MWRF facebook page (like it for updates and contests) for pictures. 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mountain-West-Reef-Fest/228437120652865?ref=bookmarks

Looks awesome. Thanks! I will add this to my calendar. 

Marcos

Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2015 at 12:39pm
Just to set the record straight.  The food issue is not a WMAS issue it is a hotel issue.  Jeremy will have to see if the contract with the hotel will allow us to bring in vendors selling food.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proskier101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2015 at 7:39am
Some food I can see an issue. But licorice? There more of an issue with dandruff falling from hair I to the coral tanks. Lol.

This licorice is 20" long and can be bagged for later. Its served in a produce style bag so you can hold it and keep eating it
Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2015 at 9:05am
As a vendor Id love to see it there =) food/snacks keeps the crowd happy and staying longer

Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2015 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Nick801 Nick801 wrote:

As a vendor Id love to see it there =) food/snacks keeps the crowd happy and staying longer

+1. I go to a number of buying events annually, granted, not in this field, but I also appreciate seeing something unique/not part of the show. It helps break up the mundane aspects of an event. Although, I plan on looking at every persons corals/equipment, I am sure some will overlap and seeing something new/different is always needed, such as unique food. There is nothing more I personally hate then going to an event that is 100% only one subject. Plus, it brings in more revenue for the host which encourages them to have a better show year after year. 

Just my two cents. 

Marcos

tealgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tealgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2015 at 6:05pm
No pressure LOL Proskier just canceled our wedding date, so he can go to Reeffest (as guest or vendor lol).

Lost the deposit, but we get to go :) (well he does lol, but I'll give him raffle ticket money ;) ) 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic