Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedbe warned dont shop at aquatic dreams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
maximnick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: be warned dont shop at aquatic dreams
    Posted: July 22 2014 at 2:43pm
Purchased quite a bit of livestock from aquatic dreams this past Saturday and many times in the past. Flame angel that was purchased died in less than 12 hours. Aquatic dreams offers no help essentially tells me to pound sand. Will never return and advise you all not to either. Wouldn't even tell me how long they had the fish in their store till they decided to sell it. They even had the nerve to tell me that if I want any kind of guarantee to sign up for their maintenance....haha after this experience never. I'm now going to hit up every possible outlet to let other customers know what the may be getting themselves into by taking their business to aquatic dreams. Be warned everyone.
badfinger View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 2:49pm
I have always had good experiences with aquatic dreams.
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 3:00pm
I've purchased livestock and dry goods from Aquatic Dreams for years.  Never had an experience with them that I would consider even questionable.  They've always been helpful, friendly and professional.  

I'm sorry about your experience, but there must be more going on here.  This behavior is not at all consistent with the reputable store and staff we all know.
LaRue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 3:07pm
I have had great experiences with aquatic dreams and highly recommend them to anyone. Everything I can go through them for I do I have even had them baby sit my tanks when I go on vacation. You really should not let one bad experience change your total outlook on them they area great store and Ryan is usually willing to do whatever it takes to make it right with his customers.

I have been a loyal customer for fifteen years ever since Ryan opened up his first shop they area very reputable shop and I encourage you to give them another shot.

Edited by LaRue - July 22 2014 at 3:11pm
maximnick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 3:08pm
I invite anyone from aquatic dreams to respond but my summation of events is accurate.
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 3:10pm
Isn't it better to ask questions about fish health and length of stay BEFORE you pay money and take an animal home? Did it die in your display or in QT? How long was it in the bag on the way home and was it left in the car during any other stops?

Like Shane said I think there is more to this story than a recent guest posting a rant on the board.

Krazie
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
maximnick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 3:10pm
In all fairness I to have had dozens of positive experiences with them in the past. But one bad experience can sour everything especially after you pay patronage in hundreds of dollars to a store and then have them treat you like this.
maximnick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 3:13pm
15 minutes straight home air conditioned car. No stops drip acclimated for an hour. All the other livestock I purchased is just fine.
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 3:16pm
I for one hope they chime in. It's always good to hear both sides to a story and put the pieces of the puzzle together for ones self. Then it becomes a personal decision as to whether we each choose to go there or not.

I for one know that we have all lost fish shortly after purchase before but I sure don't remember that making me not want to return to that store again. I learn from it and pay closer attention to what I choose to purchase and hope that I have gained enough experience for it not to happen again (yes I know that is dreaming but it's a goal). Krazie
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Hogie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 3:23pm
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. Aquatic dreams has always been my go to place and I've had nothing but positive experiences their. The fish I've bought have always been top of the line.
aceofspadeskb View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 3:41pm
I've never had a bad experience with Aquatic Dreams.  Of all the fish stores I have shopped at I have been most impressed with them for being honest about their specimens.  They are my favorite store, and I make the 1 hour 10 minute drive to their store at least monthly to give them my patronage.
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 3:45pm
I have no problems shopping there.  Happy to go back.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
1stupidpunk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 4:08pm
Even though i had a horrible experience there with Ben and "thrive" products I still think its one of the better fish stores in the state. The store is always clean and livestock is usually in good shape. The problem with buying a living animal is that there is (usually) no guarantee the animal will survive/thrive once it leaves the store.

I do feel your pain though as know first hand how poor their service can be when an unhappy customer comes in looking for answers.
pitboss View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 4:18pm
If your crying about a 30 dollar fish that died your in the wrong hobby we all have lost fish and corals this way that are a lot more expensive then that. Maybe you should look into some other kind of new hobby. We have all lost fish this way but you don't here us crying and putting stores down for this.Its just the way it goes some time's.
Reefboy4life View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 4:20pm
I really do love Aquatic Dreams
90 gallon mixed reef
maximnick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 4:50pm
It was a 60.00 fish and had it been healthy it would have survived more than 12 hours. Cost is not the issue here its about customer service.
maximnick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 4:50pm
A premium price to pay for that species too if I may add.
ch3tt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 5:12pm
**** happens in this hobby, get over it!
Red Sea Reefer 625 XXL
maximnick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 5:14pm
You're wrong most establishments take care of their customers.
wickedsnowman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 5:15pm
They have always treated me right. I have even been talked out of buying fish before that I really wanted that were super expensive because they didn't think that I had the right set up for them to thrive. Most stores would just sell the fish and not care . I'm not saying that you didn't buy a fish that died 12 hours later but It was probably more your approach. if you went in there being hostile and pointing fingers they were probably rude back just my 2 cents as far as the thrive thing I don't know why they got into that crap. probably getting paid a lot of money to market it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic