Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedbe warned dont shop at aquatic dreams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
maximnick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 5:23pm
There was not any hostility on either side in fact the person I talked to was rather polite I'm merely warning others that if they purchase livestock and it dies the second money exchanges hands expect to be told to pound sand. If this fish died today that's one thing but less than 12 hours after leaving the store come on now. Especially with paying a premium price some level of customer service should exist.
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 5:28pm
I've been into AD hundreds of times, but this is the first time I've seen your screenname. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but for all I know you could be a competitor, a con, or completely out of touch in the hobby. If you were well known on here, were willing to put your name behind your claim, and provided factual info (date, time, person who worked with you), then maybe I'd be a bit concerned, and I'm sure others (including the owner) would be too.

www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
pgravis View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 5:31pm
In years of being in this hobby and shopping at aquatic dreams, they have always gone out of their way to make things right and I have a hard time believing (no sense beating around the bush, I don't believe..) there wasn't an attempt to make this right with you. I'm not sure if you are new to the hobby or just this forum, but if its the former, be prepared to lose some money on fish and coral. It happens. Just this week I lost a $200 clown fish that I have had for a year and a $70 anthias that I have had less than a week.
See my house: www.eclecticvictorian.com
FishnFriendz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 5:32pm
Sorry for your lost.  This happens often in this hobby.  Cheer up and happy reefing :)
maximnick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 5:34pm
Aquatic dreams has my name and number and I have invited them to give their side of the story.
euroking View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 5:35pm
I have been to ad three times, in like four years. (live in bountiful) every time I've gone they have been the kindest group of people. Only issue I've ever had was a 14mpg truck. I'm sorry but I'm unsure of why the consistency is there...
15gal self contained. LED.
1stupidpunk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 5:38pm
I was in a .... somewhat less than friendly debate with ben when i had my debacle with the thrive products so i do believe that he may have been told "sorry dude aint our problem" because thats pretty much the response i got.

I still shop at AD i just do a little more research and thorough inspection of anything i purchase.
love2skiutah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 5:59pm
You've had DOZENS of good experiences and this 1 bad one, which is probably not their fault anyway and you come on here and complain?  I'm sorry, but that's a joke.  How many people here have brought a fish home and lost it within 24 hours?  I bet most people have. IMO, it's party of the game. We do what we can, but it's living creature that went through a lot of stress to get to your tank.  

Edited by love2skiutah - July 22 2014 at 6:01pm
fishnfresh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 6:22pm
wow lol I shop there alot, I have had fish die also shopped at other fish stores and had them die also. It is part of the hobby if you dont like it maybe this is not the hobby for you. I have never been treated bad by ryan or his guys or gals. I just lost a bat fish from there Im not going back to cry about it or blast them on forums. Not many places warranty fish anywhere besides maybe live aquaria. They have been in business a long time dont think they have made it this long if they didnt treat customers wrong. Just my opinion.
Hogie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 6:26pm
How old is your tank?
Teknik777 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 6:46pm
I have only had good experiences wirh Aquatic Dreams. They have and bent over backwards to help me in an emergency situation to keep my tank alive and healthy. Ryan and his staff are some of the nicest friendliest knowledgeable saltwater stores in the valley. Every once in a while we do have livestock that can die whether it be six hours old or two years old. I put my name and reputation behind this statement.
220 G SPS Display.

ggs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 6:57pm
the only place I shop is aquatic dreams and before you go and say they told you to pound sand why dont you say what they really told you on the phone
Reefer4Ever View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 7:35pm
I have been going to AD back when it was ran out of a warehouse are and they had the shark tank. Before I moved closer I drove from Logan to goto the store. As it has been said we have all lost 20 to hundreds of dollars in aquatic life. I would invite you to order online so you can have your guarantee, I personally have never received or expected a guarantee on any salt water aquatic life. Maybe you would be happier doing freshwater as I do know that Petco and Petsmart offer guarantees on the fish they sell. Please stop pissing and moaning about it and move on. We live in America shop where ever you want. Aquatic Dreams is a phenomenal store with a knowledgeable and caring staff.
90 gal reef w/refugium
24 gal softie tank
11 gal nano anemone tank
5 gal fresh water
maximnick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 7:59pm
Exactly we live in America and consumers can vote with their dollars. I have already made my decision not to ever shop there again. The store cam have whatever policy/service/guarantee they want. I'm just making my experience known and other consumers can choose to do what they wish atleast this way they can be a little more informed of the risk and choose to vote with their dollars however they choose.
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 8:02pm
Ok, you've made your decision. You've provided no factual evidence, so we've made our decision as well. Move along.
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
maximnick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 8:07pm
I'm out over 60.00 I've invited aquatic dreams to respond. I've only provided information do with it what you like and I hope you don't ever find yourself in my situation. Maybe you like to play the victim and just move on whereas I believe in standing up when your treated wrong.
sparkyfish View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 8:26pm
I have been going to Aquatic Dreams for many years, way back when it was located in basically a garage on 2550 in Ogden. And I have never had a bad experience or bad customer service. I was also talked out of buying a certain fish by Ryan when I first started into the hobby. It was a Mandrine. I did not know the dietary requirements back then, and I only had a 26 gallon tank. He could have sold it to me and made a sale, but he chose to educate me. That being said,I still do not have my mandrine. But my 110 tall has been up and running for a about a year, and Aquatic Dreams will be where I go to buy it! Oh and the 110 tall tank and Dion stand and canopy came from Aquatic Dreams as well. The same time I bought my 110 there was the same tank on ksl for half the price. I chose to support Aqutic Dreams for all the knowledge and great customer service they have given me for the last ten years.
jaschall View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 8:41pm
Well since this is America let me add my 2 cents. This fish was lost in your hands not Aquatic Dreams. I'm sure it would still be alive if you hadn't purchased it. It seems to me there are more people here supporting this store over this rant you have. Aquatic Dreams is a great store and we all will continue to shop there. This post you started is not going to turn anyone away from them as far as I can see. There are more positive post here which in turn is going to bring them more business. So thanks for the post.
My experience with them has always been A+    
Thanks Ryan, Ben, and staff for this great store we have in are community.
125 gallon reef
Hogie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 8:42pm
You must have missed my question, but how old is the tank? Maybe it wasn't something wrong with the fish, but something is amiss elsewhere. If we can keep cool heads, maybe we can locate a problem and get it fixed so other fish don't meet the same fate and you don't waste any more money buying fish that would die. It looks like you're new to the board, and there are a lot of helpful, knowledgeable people who have been doing this for 20+ years Can you tell us about your tank? How old is it and what is in it? How did you acclimate the fish? I'm sorry you spent all that money and the fish died. That is really frustrating. So, rather then getting into a blame game, let's see if we can identify any potential problems and try to prevent it from happening again.
maximnick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 8:49pm
All of the other livestock from this purchase and all other purchases in the past is very much alive and thriving. What good is a business that doesn't stand behind the products they sell. I'm sure any of you who purchase any product from any store would expect that product to survive/function/last more than a measly 12 hours or so.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic