Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Selling - Getting out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 10:03am

Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 10:06am
Yea!!!
dayday24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dayday24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 10:12am
Great news! That is what this community is all about.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 10:14am
+1 to what Brad said.
Dear Aaron,
You know, those of us that have been at this a long, long time have some good advice for you. You are intelligent but if you would [more closely] follow the advice of some of the best reefkeepers here, Brad for instance, you will have a marvelous and beautiful work of living art. It will take patience and a willingness to admit your errors and learn from them. It will take courage. Do you have the courage?

I assume you have heard of what Brad went through recently with all that he lost. If you had visited my place here in Murray, you would have heard me tell of a series of catastrophes, one after another, that began last July and from which my 200+ gal Coral Farm is only just now recovering. I cannot express in words the utter frustration this has been for me and for my precious wife. I spent the last 10 months repeatedly pulling my hair out trying to determine why, why, why, why? (four catastrophes Dead) I have lost $1000's worth of coral sales. It was mostly my own stupidity and yet it has been a very good lesson for me. Of course, some lessons are more costly than others. EmbarrassedWink

Aloha Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
LaRue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 10:17am
So glad to here you are trying it again let us know when your ready for those donations.
suiso man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suiso man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 10:41am
I am really glad you decided to stay in the hobby. I was amazed at all the work you put into your tank setup. I have been following your progress. I really want to come see your setup in person. I don't know if I have any frags you would want but I would offer what I have. I have some anemones you could have.
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 10:52am
Yeeeeaaaah !!!!
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
DMower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 11:25am
Great news!
150 gal reef with 50 gal sump. Reef Octopus DCS-200 Skimmer. AI Sol Blues.
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 11:43am
YEEAAAHHH for the power of the people! Confession, I think half of those texts were from me and 20% of the emails are probably from all my PM's

Now who's with me to storm the Whitehouse to get the same kind of "change" to occur?! LOL

Glad to see you stick it out. I'm not sure I have anything that you would want but if I have it it's yours. Just let me know. Krazie
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
nwreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nwreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 11:48am
I have been following this thread for a bit. its awesome to see the out pooring of support. i got out of the club and the hobbie a few years ago. the club got to political, to many arguments and other issues. it was no longer fun. i am nkw getting back into the hobbie and after seeing this it makes me want to join the club again. seems like it would be fun again
Chad A.
20g nano in progres
Member~ A.A.A. ( Aquarium Addicts Anonomous)
LaRue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 11:57am
It can still be kinda political but you just have to ignore the couple people that make it that way and look at all the other great people on this forum
Boxerboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 12:51pm
WOW! Sorry to hear of the troubles, I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to spend all the time and money to do things right and then have it not work out at all. Losing money sucks but losing the lives of fish is by far the hardest part of this hobby.

High five for sticking it out! Clap
120G's
Radion/T5 Combo
Vertex 150 Skimmer
Apex Controlled
SPS LPS & Softies
nrbelk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrbelk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 2:42pm
Wow, I'm glad you stayed in, seems like you have a full support group :).

Can you tell me what you went through?  I've been having issues keeping fish longer than two days, except for the fish already in my tank.  My tank is still faily young (october).   If you want, you can text me at 208 680 1213.

Also, congrats on the goldflake.  That is an angel I think I would like to save up for.  They look amazing!
love2skiutah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by nrbelk nrbelk wrote:

Wow, I'm glad you stayed in, seems like you have a full support group :).

Can you tell me what you went through?  I've been having issues keeping fish longer than two days, except for the fish already in my tank.  My tank is still faily young (october).   If you want, you can text me at 208 680 1213.

Also, congrats on the goldflake.  That is an angel I think I would like to save up for.  They look amazing!

I froze the fish and sent them to a gal in Orlando who studies infections on animals.  Apparently I had got a rare nematode round worm from the local deli seafood department and fed it to my fish.  It caused an internal bacterial infection and killed all the fish I've had for months.  The infection itself was not super rare, but the nematode that caused it, was.  You can avoid it by freezing your seafood from the deli for 24 hours before you chop it up and give it to your fish. 
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by love2skiutah love2skiutah wrote:

I froze the fish and sent them to a gal in Orlando who studies infections on animals.  Apparently I had got a rare nematode round worm from the local deli seafood department and fed it to my fish.  It caused an internal bacterial infection and killed all the fish I've had for months.  The infection itself was not super rare, but the nematode that caused it, was.  You can avoid it by freezing your seafood from the deli for 24 hours before you chop it up and give it to your fish. 

Now that is some good info.  Something that I have not been doing and will be doing from from now on.  Shocked
220g , large elite aquatics sump. 3 Radion Pro Gen 3 lights 3 Mp 40's
nrbelk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrbelk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 3:34pm
Wow, thanks for responding.  Did it affect all fish or just certain fish and how long did it take them to die once you noticed symptoms?
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 6:10pm
Dang!!!  I was just getting ready to make an offer on all your stuff.

J/K, of course. Wink Glad you decided to stick around for more of the fun.

Interesting about the seafood.  It's probably very rare to find something like that here in Utah since probably 98% of all seafood we get here is frozen.  Most of the time even the stuff that is "fresh" at the deli came to the store frozen.  I guess you should stop buying such high quality food for your fish. Confused
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 10:37pm
Thumbs Up Awesome Aaron.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 10:57pm

please tell me that wasn't sushi grade or maybe i need to be checked for worms!
Matt Savage

"Tattoos and Street Bikes"
love2skiutah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Matt Matt wrote:

please tell me that wasn't sushi grade or maybe i need to be checked for worms!

Just from your local grocery deli lol 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic