Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fish Trap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mermaidcamille View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mermaidcamille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fish Trap
    Posted: February 28 2014 at 5:05pm
I need to get two damsels out of my tank.  Anyone around South Jordan have a fish trip I can borrow? Any other ideas on how to do this without destroying my tank?

Camille
135g...D.E.A.D

Welcome bright and shiny 120!
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 5:16pm
Shine a light on them after the tank is dark and quickly net them.

Another option is to pump all of the water out (into a large container), grab the fish, and pump the water back into the tank.

mermaidcamille View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mermaidcamille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 5:19pm
We need to have a meeting "The Truth about Damn-sels and how to catch them like a Ninja."

135g...D.E.A.D

Welcome bright and shiny 120!
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 5:21pm
LOL!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by mermaidcamille mermaidcamille wrote:

We need to have a meeting "The Truth about Damn-sels and how to catch them like a Ninja."

Okay, that changes things. Get out the shop vac and when they get close turn it on. After they get sucked up lift the hose out of the water to break the siphon that will have formed.

SWells View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 8:11pm
I have a trap. We need to catch a yellow tang and three or five anthias tomorrow, but you can borrow it after that.

Edited by SWells - February 28 2014 at 8:11pm
SWells View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 8:13pm
However, the shop vac does sound like a lot more fun.
troyholl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troyholl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 10:02pm
I have a trap as well... I'm in Riverton...
Troy Hollingsworth
Riverton, Utah

270 Gallon "Custom" Tank
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2014 at 9:59am
Originally posted by mermaidcamille mermaidcamille wrote:

LOL I love that! I agree on that one! I hate those DAMN-sels! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic