Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

400 Gallon Starphire Build - Mixed Reef

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
love2skiutah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2017 at 8:16am
Just a little bit of an update.  

I know this first pic sucks cause it's from my phone, but I wanted to show the growth difference in 9 months since I upgraded to the Gen 4 pros. They are currently running at 100%.  

I'm also convinced the more you cut and frag, the faster your corals grow.  I know close to zero about the science and biology of the corals, but I do know when you hurt them, they go into a defensive and reproductive mode.  I've given away so many mini colonies the last 6 months and everywhere my colonies have been sliced up, they double and triple in size where I cut them.  

A few other random shots.

speyside712 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speyside712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2017 at 12:41pm
Do you use 1 of the preset lighting options on the gen 4 pros? Or do you have a custom schedule?

I have two gen 4 pros on my 90 gallon and I'm getting a bit of bleaching going on on my sps. I have the lights dialed way down, maxing out at only about 50% at the tanks "high noon period" The bleaching appears almost immediately in 1 day everytime I turn the lights up higher than 50%. At the moment all the frags are in a frag rack on the sand bed, so I would have thought they would want more light rather than less being all the way on the bottom... Clearly you are doing something right because yoir growth looks awesome!

I've got a reeflink and a wxm module/apex. So technically I can use either. Although the reeflink is running the show right now.

Any ideas?

Edited by speyside712 - November 18 2017 at 12:44pm
love2skiutah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2017 at 6:13pm
I have every LED on 100% for 7 hours, then I ramp up for an hour at 14K and ramp down with 14K for about 2 hours in the evenings.  I basically copied what Sanjay Joshi does with his lighting if you are familiar with his tank.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic