Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dion's 234g Lemar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dion's 234g Lemar
    Posted: July 22 2013 at 12:41am
After selling our home we were in a little limbo on if we were going to build or not. In the end we bought a new home in the Ranches community in farmington.

With every home we looked at we had to determine if there was a good place to put up our ideal tank. This home has a great place just needed a little remodel.

Few months ago we got a brand new Lemar 234g tank in exchange for a debt owed. It is 60 x 30 x 30 Star fire on 3 sides. With the new location it will be viewable from all sides.

It will have a sump in the basement and be lit with all AI led's.

Here is the new location. We are cutting out the wall to give viewing pleasure from all sides. As well as a picture of the tank itself.

Stand is in production and all is moving along!!!

Edited by Dion Richins - September 14 2013 at 10:17pm
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
fishnfresh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishnfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2013 at 1:14am
cant wait to see it up and running.
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2013 at 1:26am
Sweet!
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2013 at 6:15am
That is going to be SO cool!

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2013 at 11:05pm
Stand is under way. Window is finished. Room is waiting the hardwood. Ive got the sump room framed and getting ready for one badass sump!!

As you can see this is quarter sawn white oak. The hood is actually a floating piece to house the AI leds :)

Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Elite-Aquatics View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elite-Aquatics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2013 at 11:17pm
Looking good DionThumbs Up
Premium aquarium filtration!
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2013 at 11:17pm
Damn you do good work! I cannot wait to see this tank wet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 3:32pm
Beautiful!

griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2013 at 8:17pm
Sweet!

Linn
Pay it forward...
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2013 at 10:16pm
Awesome stand and canopy.  Where did you get them?

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Upload View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upload Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2013 at 12:24am
Awesome craftsmanship as usual - can't wait to see it filled and running!
laynframe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laynframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2013 at 3:38pm
Must be nice knowing a cabinet guy, lucky dog. Lol looks killer
The time we enjoy wasting isn't wasted time!!!!
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2013 at 12:06am
I'm so busy I forget to update. Besides getting the tank set up Ive been making changes on the house. Here is the island in the kitchen.
Before

After

Bad "censored" Cabinets
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2013 at 12:28am
Window has come right along!!

Sump room is framed and the sheeting has started. Electrical has been ran and lights added.
The table is for a custom sump from the master himself. Tyler is coming up with another outstanding design!!

Painting and leveling of the floor has been done.

We added the 2 doors to the room today. Water proofed the bottom of the walls for when there is a "oops". Brought the clean air intake in. The plumber will run the softener on Monday. Sump table will go in tomorrow and be leveled out. Shelves will go up and equipment will start being installed.

Side note.....We got the tank and stand in the house friday night. Thanks for the help from my friend and a new neighbor who volunteered to help. (not sure he will do that again :)

This afternoon we got the stand put together and leveled out. (it was to big to fit through the door fully assembled)
With the help from another friend, the floor guy and plumber we were able to get the tank on the stand. Of course it takes up more room than I wanted but dang it looks awesome!!!!

The AI Director made it today. I wont be setting it up till I get these lights up. I will be using a mixture of Vega's and hydra's on this tank. Im thrilled to have the control!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2013 at 12:33am
I'm not sure why some pictures are coming in sideways. Sorry if it bends your neck :)
Yes the hardwood floor has been installed and carpet starts on Tuesday! We are hoping to start moving in next Saturday!!!!
And the tank the next weekend!

Edited by Dion Richins - August 11 2013 at 12:36am
Bad "censored" Cabinets

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2013 at 9:30am
Thanks for the update, that is looking fantastic!

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2013 at 4:16pm
Ok we moved in this weekend. We have sand in the tank.

It took 300g of salt to get this system where it needed to be!

Sump came in Saturday. HOW FREAKING COOL IS THIS?????????

Got it plumbed and running. Now I can start to set up equipment!!!!

Took a moment to get the level right so we didn't see this awesome air snake in the water.

Now to get the 150 moved over and get the rest going!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Corey Price View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2013 at 10:32pm
Ha! You didn't move far, my friend! I was wondering where you would end up.

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2013 at 12:19am
I hope you're ok with people showing up or just me lol. I definitely have to see this! Maybe you should have an open house when its all up and running huh huh huh (elbow nudge)   

Edited by ksmart - August 20 2013 at 12:20am

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2013 at 9:17am
Ya, We were building in Farmington as well but when weighing the costs and issues we looked around and found this 4 year old home at distressed pricing. (Divorces are costly ;) Now I just need to sell my acre lot we were going to build on.
I'm hoping to start transferring my tank in my rental in the next couple days :)
Bad "censored" Cabinets
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic