Utah Reefs Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2013 REEF TOUR BLOG: Lets get this Party Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2013 REEF TOUR BLOG: Lets get this Party Started

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 11:51pm
Looked like a lot of fun guys! Nikki I love the "skimmate" drink!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
twolow4law1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twolow4law1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 9:13am
i had 4 come by all day , a little slower than i had thought but still was fun for a first timer. thanks to all that came out.
Wink
60 gal rimless , 40 gal rimless
120 gal reef
HOOKED ON SALT WATER   801-682-0477
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 9:18am
I had about 25-30 here, but had many long hours that were visitorless.  I think the first vistors came around 12:30-1:00.  In the meantime I got the kitchen cleaned, had a good lunch and watched a reef related TV show, "Shark Tank". Wink 

I figure I got to talk to some great people, even if not as many as usual, and my tank hasn't looked so nice in months.  I also got my office cleaned up nice for the tour so bonus there too.  All in all it was a good day.

I shut the doors at 5:00 and my brother and I went out for Pho.  YUM!!!

troyholl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troyholl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 9:25am
I had about 50 to 60. Was super busy from 10am to 11am, dead from 11' to 2pm, and then a huge rush from 2pm until almost 6pm. Had a great time!
Troy Hollingsworth
Riverton, Utah

270 Gallon "Custom" Tank
TriggerHappy View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 10:07am
Had a blast! It was a little slower than the last time I hosted, but enjoyed meeting new people and talking fish! Cannot wait until next year when my tank will be mature! :D Thanks to all that came by! Eric, let's talk skimmers, bro.
210 gallon Mixed Reef
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 12:22pm
I also had a good number of people who stayed and asked a lot of questions and were at my house for a long time.  They seemed to really get a lot out of the tour and weren't just running from house to house.  

Good time as always.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Nails12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nails12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 2:31pm
I enjoyed every minute of it. Had 4 people here. Quite fun. Next year Im going to have to take the tour. But yes I agree. We should split it up in two weeks. Thanks to everyone that came out!
This is more than a hobby; its a lifestyle.
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 2:39pm
Maybe a south tour one week and a north tour the next so hosting people still only have to host 1 day and they can see other tanks too.
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 2:43pm
Even though I was only available from 11-2, I enjoyed having about 30 people come by. It was great answering questions and just having a reef-related hangout.
love2skiutah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 3:12pm
Teknik777 text me this morning and said he had about 70 at his home in Centerville.  
Inthenameofweez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inthenameofweez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 5:34pm
I'm in South Ogden and had 5 people total. Enjoyed the conversations a lot. Got some great advice. I'm still a beginner, so it was a nice day!! I just hope for more people next year.
-Clayton
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic