Utah Reefs Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2013 REEF TOUR BLOG: Lets get this Party Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2013 REEF TOUR BLOG: Lets get this Party Started

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 5:30pm
I am curious to hear how everyone did up north.

Haven't seen any news from ReefdUp, griffith, etc and even Adam only posted once or twice... does that mean they were so busy they didn't have enough downtime to post?

Or were they so slow that they fell asleep and aren't going to post until they wake up LOL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, I am goinjg to go out and take the  RT signs down and then hit an LFS or 2 Clap

If anyone wants to come "after hours' just give me a heads up call so I can make sure and be home for you

Bob (801) 831 - 6224

- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
golfnut1232 View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golfnut1232 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 5:36pm
Not one visitor here. Oh well!
griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 5:46pm
We were slow the first hour then busy up to 5 pm
Great day - about 70 people

Thanks to all who came

My wife is beat - but boy is our house clean!

Linn
Pay it forward...
chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 5:48pm
Washington terrace, I had about 8 people or so.
Try, try, try, then give up!
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by BobC63 BobC63 wrote:

I am curious to hear how everyone did up north.

Haven't seen any news from ReefdUp, ...

Um...it's 6pm, and we just had the last people leave. I had 5 minutes during the whole day where I got to use the restroom....

I have no idea how many came. Our guest list had 22 people, but usually only one person signed for the whole family. And...Anna Lee brought...what...3 separate waves of kids? :-) I'd guess probably 50-ish people.

Great success here. Photos to come...
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
golfnut1232 View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golfnut1232 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 6:17pm
Maybe more people would have come if I had announced that I was giving out free rasta frags to each visitor.

Psych!!! Just kidding. Is that what it's going to take for next year?
Larobley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larobley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 6:18pm
I wish it was broken down in 2 weekends. there just wasn't enough time I went to some in Weber County and Davis and still did not see all that I wanted to. I really wanted to see some in SLC.
76G half circle
JBJ 12G
rwgoose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwgoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 6:31pm
wish i could have made it around utah county.. or anywhere for that matter.. i just got off work.. Cry
getting fishy??
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 6:44pm
I didn't have time to take photos during the tour...but here are some of the food spread beforehand...

The spread:

Octopus on Hummus dip (made out of a roasted red pepper):

Watermelon Shark:

Shark Detail:

"Skimmate Punch" (white grape juice, ginger ale, blue food coloring, & ice cream):

"Skimmate" froth up close:

www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 6:45pm

Goldfish crackers (obviously):

Gummy fish, turtles, & sharks:

I also tried to make chocolate chip starfish cookies, but the trial run was a disaster. They ended up as chocolate chip bars. D'oh!
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 6:56pm
Had a great time touring. Was able to visit all of Ogden, most of Davis county and one in SLC. Took four hours to finish Ogden. We ran out of time. Wish we had more and we were out for 8.5 hours.

I will have a post with some pictures. Saw some great homes/tanks today. Thanks everyone for hosting.
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 6:57pm
Nikki that is amazing!
Wow what a spread of yummy and creative treats

Well done

Linn
Pay it forward...
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 7:02pm
Had 6 for the final count and two parental units. Lol not bad though. It was still fun and I'll be sure to do it again next year. Hopefully I'll have my 150g set up by then!
Corey Price View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 7:42pm
My cover was blown- I see my mug shot at Brad's house... Had to see some tanks south of Davis County this year.
chris.rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 8:24pm
Haha, those watermelons are a hoot.

I hope to be on the Cache Valley reef tour next year.
Ils sont fous, ces Romains!
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 8:33pm
Thanks everyone for taking the day to show off your tanks! I go a late start and hit as many as I could. Got everyone between farmington and murray before i ran out of time and 5:00 rolled around. phys your tanks were awesome! And you almost convinced me to do a DIY LED build!

Edited by Hogie - May 04 2013 at 8:37pm
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 8:36pm
I believe numbers were down because the weather was so nice. Plus with  the later date of May, many parents have their kids enrolled in soccer, T-ball, stuff like that.
But on the other hand, with the groups being smaller, most stayed longer, and asked many more questions when it was one on one.
So even though my numbers were down, I enjoyed it more because I got to talk to everyone that stopped by.
Total. 67
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 9:14pm
Thanks hogie! Let me know if you ever need a hand.
mermaidcamille View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mermaidcamille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 11:05pm
About twenty here.

Pete I am really sorry no one made it. I really tried to make up for the error in not having your information in the original printing.  You are a trooper for sticking with it and I really need to come up with something to make it up to you.

I would be curious to see how Paul did in Spanish Fork to see how many went South.

135g...D.E.A.D

Welcome bright and shiny 120!
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 11:25pm
Nikki - awesome spread! Love the theme Clap

Brad - It sounds like 'the herd' decided to migrate north this year... but you always pull in good numbers with your awesome tanks!

I hope all the first - timers had a good experience and felt that it was worth their time Thumbs Up

Me... I had fun as usual; always nice to see the enthusiasm from people interested in getting their first reef tank. And good conversations with good friends is always a good time!

And I think I set one record today my first guest came at 9:50 am and my last 'latecomers' left at 10:25 PM Sleepy   Long day... but a good day!

- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic