Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

aptasia eating filefish

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: aptasia eating filefish
    Posted: March 19 2013 at 6:24pm
Experience with these? I have some aptasia I need cleaned up. Ive tried everything, berghias, shrimp, kalk, glue. I have softies, sps, maxi mini anemone, sexy shrimp. Whats the chances of him bothering any of these? I have someone coming over Saturday to laser some but I dont think we will be able to get them all. Thx in advance.
Try, try, try, then give up!
H200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2013 at 7:02pm
they work great!
210 gallon glass aquarium
90 gal Refuge.
900Gal Pond
chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2013 at 12:11pm
Bump.  Looking for some personal experiences with these fish and shrimp, softies, LPS and SPS.
Try, try, try, then give up!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2013 at 1:17pm
Mine was in my tank about two weeks, never touched an aptasia and then decided to take a liking to my acans!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Shad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2013 at 1:52pm
Had one for a while.. Did a pretty good job with all the visible aptasia.. When he ran out of easy to reach stuff, he started going for my Acans as well. Tank is now back to tons of aptasia because he just didn't get it all.
Hmclaughlin17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hmclaughlin17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2018 at 9:58pm
I did one of these guys and a copperbanded butterfly in my 130 reef. I make sure to feed everyone well and they have not gone after my softies. Good luck!
Jesterrace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesterrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2018 at 9:17am
The Matte Fish (Matted Filefish) is considered the best aiptasia destroyer out there, they might nip at your corals but if you keep it well fed it should be fine.   
Wrogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2018 at 7:45pm
one of my fist fish was a File-fish. He like the taste of coral. He had to go.. Maybe you will get lucky. For me the $20.00 dollar fish was not worth the $300.00 Coral he ate. That is just my take on it..laser will work just don't give up. 
William Rogers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic