Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BrentD's RSM 250

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
BrentD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrentD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BrentD's RSM 250
    Posted: October 11 2013 at 10:54am
I'm not an expert on zeovit, but it was recommended by Ryan at aquatic dreams after I had a auto topoff malfunction a year ago while I was on vacation. Of the corals that lived, most of them were bleached... Especially the scolymias. Ryan suggested zeovit mainly for revitalization and I started dosing the LPS. I would say full color came back in 3 weeks. After that I got hooked and now use the 3 products I listed above. The Coral Vitalizer advertises full polyp extension, and I have noticed on the sps how much better the extension is...especially in the millis. Coral colors are more pastel as many zeovit users have said, which I'm ok with. I need to learn more about the products but I'm just kinda blindly dosing. Expensive stuff though!
Molli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2013 at 7:24am
Originally posted by BrentD BrentD wrote:

Over the last six months the corals have been growing well and have very bright coloration thanks to the Zeovit System.  I've been dosing Zeovit LPS, SPS, and coral Vitalizer.  

Care to share more info about Zeovit?
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2013 at 5:03am
SWEET!

Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2013 at 12:41am
Dang Lookin Good!

BrentD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrentD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2013 at 12:22pm
Hey guys, I haven't posted for a while since I've been away from Utah for the last 6 months, but now I'm in what I call "Reefing Season."  Over the last six months the corals have been growing well and have very bright coloration thanks to the Zeovit System.  I've been dosing Zeovit LPS, SPS, and coral Vitalizer.  I've also been trading with other people on the forum alot so let me know if you like something and want a frag. My Red Setosa Colony is huge and I have been selling/giving away a bunch of it cause I don't want it to overgrow the tank. Most of my SPS are pretty standard, although most people really like the blue milli and how bright it is.  I converted my refugium into a frag tank and put the caulerpa in a chamber in the sump.  Now I just need to get a light fixture over my frag tank so I can put anything in there.  Right now It has PC's.

October 2013 Full Tank Shot-Iphone Pic

New Configuration with Frag Tank/Frag Rack and Regium in Sump Side

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2013 at 1:23pm
amazing colors!

BrentD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrentD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2013 at 12:45pm

Updated Pic from the left side...anyone need setosa..haha, stuff is a weed.

BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2013 at 10:40pm
That scoly is a work of art straight from the man upstairs. You're making me itch to get another one.
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2013 at 4:17pm

Newest Addition...

OMG that top pic is amazing!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
BrentD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrentD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2013 at 3:59pm
Newest Addition...

Edited by BrentD - March 14 2013 at 4:03pm
BrentD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrentD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2013 at 11:39pm

Night Feeding
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2013 at 6:16pm
Like difference between colored pencils and sidewalk chalk.
Defending Reefscape Champion (I Think)
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2013 at 6:08pm
Yes I agree tanuki. There is no trach that comes close to the color saturation on a good scoly ;)
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2013 at 5:50pm
I may be confused, but aren't trachs kind of more similar to a welso? Aren't they all brain related? These are Australian scholemias right ? Aren't trachs colors more metallic and much less vivid?
sanddune600 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanddune600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2013 at 5:08pm

Out of focus pic of Green Master Scoly...has some orange and yellow stripes, this one has taken the longest to recover from the most recent crash, but is almost back to full color.

this could be a trachyphyllia commonly called trachy or trach
Andy Jorgensen
My number is four three 5 7 six four 8 0 three four
BrentD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrentD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2013 at 2:38pm

Orange Master Scoly

Edited by BrentD - March 14 2013 at 4:11pm
Morlaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morlaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2013 at 7:30pm
Yeah i have the oceanic 1/6 HP chiller
Ex 210 gallon reef

red sea max 250
BioCube 29 HQI

Gallery http://imgur.com/a/yIRJk
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2013 at 1:52pm
I just stumbled upon this thread and all I have to say is WOW! Thumbs Up

Your tank is gorgeous and the modifications are very interesting and impressive. Great work!
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2013 at 10:07am
^Were you addressing me, or signing off?
-Brent

Edited by Tanuki - March 07 2013 at 10:07am
BrentD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrentD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2013 at 8:19am
It is essential to always allow for the element of surpise Brent.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic