Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Site functionality and looks... Suggestion....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ClownFishAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Site functionality and looks... Suggestion....
    Posted: January 08 2013 at 7:56pm
I am a web developer and I think that with little work this site could have something great. Don't get me wrong This is a great site but I run several forums and would like to see this be a little more user friendly. Take a look at these pics and see if it sparks any interest...

****Edited****

Edited by ClownFishAddict - January 11 2013 at 8:27pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 7:59pm

Edited by ClownFishAddict - January 11 2013 at 8:48pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 8:01pm
Note that any and all functions on this site are standard or can easily be added to the newer software. this includes chat.
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 8:05pm
PM Jake Pehrson and give him your phone number.  He can probably talk about details in 5 minutes in what would take days of back and forth here on the forum.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

PM Jake Pehrson and give him your phone number.  He can probably talk about details in 5 minutes in what would take days of back and forth here on the forum.

Adam

lol I did already. Just wondering what everyone thinks.
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 8:08pm
It'd be awesome if we could just get people to post photos of what they're selling first...or even just commit to selling an item.

Sorry...that was just the first thing that jumped to my mind, and I know it has nothing to do with your suggestion.
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 8:11pm
The good thing is it dont need pictures but it does help and the way it is set up it suggests to ad them more than just here. I think that the many different steps it takes to post pics here is what deters people from posting them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 8:22pm
If anyone in pres.... would like to see what I can do I am open to helping out. I realy enjoy this site and wouldn't mind giving back something. 
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 8:24pm
I would just talk to Jake...he's the site guru. You'd fly over my head in a heartbeat.
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 8:38pm
Yup Jake runs the site basically. He's the one to go through. I'm not opposed to updates to the forum but I think the main page looks good these days.

Also that is one expensive Glock!

Edited by jwoo - January 08 2013 at 8:39pm
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2013 at 7:57pm

Edited by ClownFishAddict - January 09 2013 at 8:12pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2013 at 7:59pm
OK those pics didn't turn out right. i will try to get better ones soon.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2013 at 8:11pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2013 at 8:51am
Hey guys, I have gotten a few emails saying that I an doing this for money. Just so everyone knows I am not asking or suggesting this to make any profit. in fact I am not asking anything in return. I am simply offering my knowledge and more to help Jake if he decides to do this. I love WMAS and want to give back.

Thanks,
ClownFishAddict
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2013 at 3:53pm
Just for your consideration...your suggestions may come across a bit better if you were a paid member of the club. (I didn't email/PM you...just a suggestion.)
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2013 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by ReefdUp ReefdUp wrote:

Just for your consideration...your suggestions may come across a bit better if you were a paid member of the club. (I didn't email/PM you...just a suggestion.)

Point Taken. Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2013 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by ReefdUp ReefdUp wrote:

Dues are paid.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2013 at 11:58pm
also the software that I showed jake has an addon for the members to create their own blogs here and manage their own blogs. It could be for paid members only or for everyone.
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2013 at 10:55pm
You people are being weird. If the man wants to work for free, let him. I would think the only considerations would be style/ u.e. upgrades or not?
Defending Reefscape Champion (I Think)
wickedsnowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickedsnowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2013 at 11:04pm
I think it sounds like a very generous offer. I work in information technology and there is a lot of time that goes into this stuff. If the pres is happy with the site whateve thats cool. But I say kudos to you man for offering up your services for free
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic