Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tanners Christmas Tank!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tanners Christmas Tank!
    Posted: December 26 2012 at 1:02pm

Hey guys, and late merry christmas! Well, i was going to get a pico a while back and then decided not to because of another hobby... you know moneyConfused.... anyways on christmas my parents suprised me with a four gallon finnex low iron glass aquarium and a 6 LED DIY kit wth 4 royal blues and 2 cool whites. The most supising part was that i (no offense to my parents) didnt think that they would know how many leds over a four gallon and what kind and websites and blah blah.. Anywasy it was a nice suprise! Since i let my brother have my biocube, this is where i am going to put all my corals and a couple small clean up crew members since i would rather have the corals with me rather then him:) MY PICS ARE TERRIBLE i better warn you before i get questions like "what is that?"

I put in like 70% of "live water" from my bio cube in to my new tank and 30% new salt water into it. I let it cycle with a bunch of sand from my biocube and some live rock. That should really help! In the mean time i started the LED's. The only problem is that they didnt come with a heat sink! so what i did was we had this thick metal tapazoid bin thing that was as long as the tank. I spray painted the out side gold since my little sister once colored on it with sharpie.... I drilled to holes on the top side where it was going to be hung. I also drilled one more for the cords to go through. i installed a fan in the side that wuld blow over the lights. I got all m leds in place and got everything attached and soldered the wires togather, hooked up everything else and pluged it in. Its BEAUTIFUL! I know i am over reacting, but its my first real- non- redneck- nice Leds!!!! after all said and done, i hung them over my tank. Love it. I le the tak cycle for a while. I jsut added my coral this morning. It looks great. Now, like i said these pictures you are wittnesing are badly taken with a bad camera in a darker room with bright lights so it didnt want to coperate.

Heres the LED kit

Heres the tank!

The filter is a bit big but its for 5 gal to 15 gallon. I am runing carbon, zoelite, and the spongy filter pad that comes with them.

Heres the "hood that was spray painted gold on the out side. This is what going to house the cooling and lights and wires.

Kinda looks like a gold brick!

Heres the lights attached without a fan.

With a fan in the end

Heres with rock, sand, and water

My corals are all in and i need nice pictures! I need some one to do it or i need my own freaking camera! Anywaysi will y to see what i can do but its looking nice sofare. If theres something your curios about or wondering let me know! Thanks
-Tanner
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
wick246 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wick246 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2012 at 1:10pm
The finished product looks great Tanner!
tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2012 at 5:07pm
Thanks. I would really really like to get a full tank shot now with more rock and bright coral since its all finished and in!
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic