Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Empty tank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jaschall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaschall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Empty tank
    Posted: July 15 2012 at 9:33am
Well I got home last night from vacation to an empty tank. 125 gallons of water all the way down to my basement. I'm in need of some RO water if any one in the area could help me out. I'm headed to pick up an other tank. If you can help me out give me a call 801-663-0739 Thanks
Rara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2012 at 9:48am
I have 15-20 gallons you can have.  I'm in Ogden.
Molli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2012 at 10:04am
May I ask what happened?  I'm pretty new to this hobby and want to get a tank around 100G by year end and would like to know how to prevent this from happening!
Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2012 at 10:41am
I'm making some now if you want it.  Should have about 30 gallons in a couple of hours. In South Weber.  I also have a new 40 gallon breeder you could use to hold things if you need it.
Kaiden32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaiden32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2012 at 10:44am
The Aquarium sells it for 25 cents/gallon. Exotic Reef gives it away free up to 10 gallons/day.
jaschall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaschall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2012 at 10:33pm
Hey sorry I haven't responded back to anyone, and thanks for all the offers. I've been busy all day cleaning up and tearing down my tank. It looks like I've lost everything but a few zoas and mushrooms. The cause is looking like its a seal, I'll fill it up tomorrow and see where it is leaking from. Not to sure how this could if happened, I had the thing dead level. I've been having someone stop by every few days to check on things and the last time was Friday morning at 9am which every thing was fine. I'll try and post some pictures later when I have time, for now I need to get some sleep.
jaschall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaschall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2012 at 8:53pm
Well for some reason I can't get any photos to upload from photobucket. Today I finally got my tank outside and started to fill it up. About half my it really started to leak good where I could see it. It blew the front seal about 18inches long. I still can't see how this would happen like this and that it had to happen when I was out of town. I heard there was a small earthquake near the border and was felt in Woodscross. Anyone in the Layton, Clearfield area fell anything.
jaschall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaschall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2012 at 9:02pm
Here are a few photos that would upload.

GaryF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2012 at 6:57am
Holy cow that electrical bar is toast! Lucky there was not a fire started. Do you use a GFI?
Gary Finnegan
jaschall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaschall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2012 at 7:00pm
Well I'm finally rebuilding this tank. I resealed it 3 weeks ago, and have had fresh water in it for 2 days now. Im thinking I'll give it a week or 2 and see how it holds up. I know some have told me I should just get a new tank, and I understand. I'm sure its going to be in the back of head an other tank nightmare. I took some advise off an other forum to reseal the tank. It was a long process taking all the apart, cleaning, and putting back together. I'm feeling confident about the work I've done with it. Here is a pic of it as of tonight.
jeromy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2012 at 9:29pm
Wow, scary stuff. That power strip, yikes. Good luck with the rebuild!
jaschall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaschall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2012 at 9:49pm
Hey thanks. I feel very lucky my house was not burned down. I'll be doing a few things different for sure. I'm thinking of starting a build thread, maybe I should move my other post over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic