Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are my lights good enough for SPS?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Glutimist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glutimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are my lights good enough for SPS?
    Posted: May 19 2012 at 10:48pm
I was wondering if my lights are good enough for sps? the info I found out online was that I should be able to do some but near the top of the tank? There are 3 fixtures of LEDs 6 white and 4 blue in each one. and they are skkye lights, by innovative. 8 watt 10k I think? Also any tips on keeping SPS alive and growing? I have a 16 gal. tank and never have tried SPS. 
Never summer!!...Wheel of time?
16 Gal
46 Gal bowfront starting
Christianwaisath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christianwaisath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2012 at 11:45pm
My thought would be try and get a small piece of birds nest or another cheap sps and put it as high as possible. Before I got my ai sol blue I had a red monti up as high as I could under my 2 36 way oc. I think you would be ok!!
builderofdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote builderofdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2012 at 11:52pm
Cannot Succeed if you don't try.LOL
Lighting is only part of the Addiction.
Water quality-Water Consistency.(Alk-Cal-Mag-phos-Temp Salinity and lighting you know the basics. I assume?). Not to mention how they are first Accilmated to your lights. If you can meet these basics than your are half way to spending even more money. I do like  my Colorful Hairy Crayons so some of the kids call them.
It's Not a Hobby It's an Obsession
150&210 Gallons of Madness and. Sanity! 801-850-4915

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65135&title=builderofdreams-feedback-post
Glutimist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glutimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2012 at 12:41pm
Thanks will try it out and see!
Never summer!!...Wheel of time?
16 Gal
46 Gal bowfront starting
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 7:10pm
Good luck! I think you'll do fine.
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic