Facebook
Twitter

Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FragStock Returns for 2012! April 5th 7PM! - Event Date: April 05 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
jbutler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 10:49am
Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight!
Here's the frag I'll be donating to the raffle.  

Sponge Bob Favia

jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 2:01pm
BREAKING NEWS

Tonight our vendors have graciously donated frags to the club to silent auction off. These will be choice frags hand chosen by each of our vendors! The silent auction begins at 6:30 and will run until 7:45. You can see an example above of the type of coral in this silent auction.

All proceeds go to helping the club bring in speakers and put on these events! Look for the silent auction tank at entrance to the room.
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
Josh95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 2:21pm
Sweet peice Jared! is that a red devil people eater in that picture i spot?
Josh M.
Phone: 406.471.1334
jeromy View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 8:00pm
Place was hoppin. Got 2 frags from aquatic dreams and a six pack of frozen food and spent my budget. Thanks!
nsfw dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nsfw dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 8:04pm
pretty decent prices all around. picked up a maxima, some multi mouth ricordeas and some zoa's that i have no idea what the name are of but super friggin cool looking :)
why do i pick the expensive hobbies.
Melissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 8:51pm
That was awesome.  I met some people, got a tang, some food and a whole bunch of frags. 

I even got a parking spot in the actual lotTongue
backwards32 View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 9:55pm
Thanks everyone for coming and buying fish food from me. It was good to meet so many new people.
Aquatic Dreams View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquatic Dreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 10:32pm
Thanks everyone! Had a good time.
Aquatic Dreams
510 E. 1700 S. #301
Clearfield UT 84015
801-525-0033
www.aquaticdreamer.com or
www.aquaticdreamsonline.com
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 10:43pm
That was fantastic!!!!!

Adam
Next Meeting: Garage Sale
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 10:44pm
Melissa- did I meet you when you came in? I tried. Sorry if I didn't... really hard to meet and greet everyone with that many people.

Adam
Next Meeting: Garage Sale
sabeypets View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 11:37pm
Had a great time!! Got some awesome frags! Thanks to all involved.
Shaun
American Fork
"Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow?" Builderofdreams
Melissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2012 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

Melissa- did I meet you when you came in? I tried. Sorry if I didn't... really hard to meet and greet everyone with that many people.

Adam

I know I saw the name tag, but I don't think we officially met.

I'll try to be less slackery on the regular meetingsBig smile
radar View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2012 at 8:28am
Thanks for setting this sale up.  I appreciate the opportunity to participate.  We spent way too much but got killer deals on lots of pieces.  I wish to thank Jared, Brandon, Shawn, Jerry and Dave for making it possible to put a smile on my wife.   Again, thanks to everyone that had a hand in making this come off well.  I did miss some from last year, but maybe they will be back and more next year.   THis is great.
Jeremyw View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2012 at 9:29am
That was.... AMAZING! Sweet corals and I won a clam in the auction! LOOKS 10x better in my tank than the tank there! I will definitely need to buy another from So happy Clam! It was great to see so many people and all the the stores there! 

Thanks to all! 
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2012 at 10:53am
All I can say is -

Our Members & Guests packed the house - AGAIN! 

People parking across the street because our parking lot was full to the brim! And So, SO many new and familiar faces to meet and greet... you gotta love that! Thumbs Up

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Our vendors did a ***fantastic*** job bringing in a HUGE selection of - literally- hundreds and hundreds of corals, fish and inverts - AGAIN!

What more can I say? I mean, if anybody had bothered to count, they had, what? maybe 600 -700 total livestock items for sale..? And TOTALLY awesome stuff! This was no "xenia and leathers" event; this was just total highend quality stuff from wall - to wall!

Now, I have to say... where else... WHERE ELSE IN UTAH can you go to a Club - run frag sale that you get that kind of choice and selection? Usually you have to go to a big Event like MWRF, or even go out-of-state to shows like MAX or MACNA and pay an enterance fee to get access to all that sweet stuff...

And WMAS managed to bring all of this to you RIGHT HERE in SLC and ***100% FREE***

NOBODY ELSE IN UTAH CAN DO THAT for their Members... NOBODY!
(...we really DO need a 'pat on the back' emoticon sometimes) GREAT JOB GUYS!!!ClapClapClap

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bidding was 'hot and heavy' at our Silent Auction... and the winners by and large walked out with sweet pieces at almost "stealing them" prices - AGAIN!

Some of the winning bids were SINGLE DIGIT AMOUNTS Shocked and all but a few were under $25 - now that's a steal, folks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As great as Fragstock II turned out to be, the BEST part for me is getting to meet all the new people, and chat things up with all the regulars and some people I have not seen for a while...

I had a GREAT time... AGAIN!

I hope all of you out there had as much fun as I did Big smile

Here are a few photos I managed to shoot amongst all the excitement:

- My Current Tank: 150g Mixed Reef -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
Laird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2012 at 11:07am
Lets see some coral pics of what people picked up.
Indefinite hiatus from sw aquariums.

Once I have my glorious return I'll set back up the following.
50 Gallon rimless cube.
180 Gallons mixed reef paradise
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2012 at 11:16am

Now there is a man deep in thought.  Contemplating the affects of new frags in his tank.
Defending Reefscape Champion (I Think)
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2012 at 6:30pm
I liked the fact that there was something for everyone.  Everything from $5 and $10 frags up to $475 for a drop dead gorgeous Scoly.  I bet I could have talked talked Brad into coming down to $450 if I had that much cash.

And Bob,  There were a thousand items if there were a hundred.  Some of those tanks had 200 pieces or more at the start of the night.  Too bad you could get a pic or 2 of the place when it was crowded.  Those pics look like the tail end of the night.

Great write up and thanks for being the "Announcer Guy" last night.
Ackbar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ackbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 9:01pm
Working on my close up photography. I had an awesome time! Manny thanks to all the people who put a bunch of hard work into throwing it!

Aquatic Evolution View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquatic Evolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2012 at 5:09pm
Thanks to all that stopped by!  It was great to see many old friends and make some new ones. 

Thank Again!
Coral Envy.com (Shawn)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic