Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrade lighting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Christianwaisath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christianwaisath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrade lighting
    Posted: January 29 2012 at 7:27pm
Ok guys I've done some research but I don't know too much about lights and wiring

I have a biocube 29 with Pc's. Are there any led options for me? Just to add to the Pc's while staying under the plastic light cover? I wanna be able to have an open brain or a clam or just more light I'm open and ready to hear some opinions.
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2012 at 7:33pm
Are you wanting to keep the lid on it or pull it off? There are plenty of led options ranging from DIY/ ecoxotic panorama strips or ai fixtures
fishnfresh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishnfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2012 at 7:33pm
I have a redsea max that I gutted the hood and put a AI sol in it with no problems. Sure you can do the same with a biocube.
Cody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2012 at 7:37pm
Nanotuners.com is your answer.
Josh95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2012 at 8:43pm
nanotuners is out of business. Go to rapidled.com and they provide an LED kit for the biocube.
Cody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2012 at 9:01pm
No way, that's crazy. It been a minute since I've been to the site. Figures they were quite pricey.
Ryan Thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2012 at 9:56pm
Ecoxotic Panorama PRO modules. I would run 3 total. 1 all blue, 1 12k/blue and 1 magenta/blue.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christianwaisath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2012 at 10:07pm
Hmm,    I wonder which would be better from those pro mods or the retrofit kit
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2012 at 10:27pm
Honestly I would save the time and go the pro modules. I've done two biocube style retros and would much rather have purchased something pre built due to the time savings as the cost savings really aren't there for the diy unless you go with a huge project.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christianwaisath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2012 at 9:07pm
Say I go the rapid led rout, udk if I wanna get the light combo they come with, I hear it is best to go with a little less white, what would your combos be?
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2012 at 10:17pm
Honestly depends on the color temperature that you want. I would suggest if you go the diy route to start spending a lot of hours reading so you can make the decision of what you are looking for.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic