Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Color Back

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aquaristnewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquaristnewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Color Back
    Posted: September 20 2011 at 9:27pm
I want the color back in my mean greens and purple death palys. They browned out a bit how my tank was last setup and I want the color back. What can I do? Switched my lighting from MH to T5 about a month ago and color looks like it is slowly coming back but is there anything I can do to help?
150 gallon Reef
Millcreek Utah

BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2011 at 9:49pm
Dose vitamin C, amino acids, fuel, or a combination. I highly recommend vitamin C and aquavitro fuel. Here is a link on vitamin c dozing if you're interested. http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/zoa-discussion-club-zoa/8931-vitamin-c-dosing-i-am-clueless.html
Snowsrfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowsrfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2011 at 10:16pm
BillyC - Do you dose vitamin c? I ordered the stuff from iHerb and will be starting the dosing soon.
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2011 at 10:25pm
Heck yea man! Did you use the coupon? I've been dozing religiously (twice a day) for about a month and have seen CRAZY growth. My polyps are all so much more colorful. My PPE for example are known to grow super slow but popped out 3 new heads after 2 weeks of dosing VC and the purple and green are way more intense. I'd recommend taking "before" pics. Wish I did.
Snowsrfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowsrfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2011 at 10:31pm
Of course I used the coupon! I'm gonna do the before and after pics as well. Do you the recommended dosages that Puffer recommends in that thread? Glad I found someone locally doing it and even more importantly, getting results. I'll probably be picking your brain as soon as my VC gets here.
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2011 at 10:35pm
Yea I did the recommended dosages. I started at dosing 5ppm for a week and increased to 10ppm which I am prob going to stay at for a bit. They recommend working your way up to higher ppms if you don't remove your carbon. I don't wanna remove carbon so I'll work my way up to 20ppm and see what happens.

Edited by BillyC - September 20 2011 at 10:36pm
Aquaristnewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquaristnewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2011 at 3:52pm
Just started dosing the vitamin C today. I am taking some before and after pics and I will let you guys know how it goes. Any other thoughts?
150 gallon Reef
Millcreek Utah

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic