Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Coral Reef Aquarium

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tony Vargas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Vargas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Coral Reef Aquarium
    Posted: June 21 2011 at 6:10am
Check out the final Book Cover design for my new book The Coral Reef Aquarium.

http://www.reefs.com/blog/2011/06/20/book-cover/
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2011 at 7:37am
Looks fantastic Tony.  Cant wait to have it in hand.
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Vargas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2011 at 1:49pm
Take a look at this Sneak Peak

http://marine-engineers.org/2011/07/14/sneak-peak-inside-tony-vargas-new-book/
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2011 at 4:43pm
Thanks again for coming out here Tony. It was great to see you and hear you in person. Looking forward to your next trip out here.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2011 at 4:45pm
Amazing!! I am glad I went to the meeting you spoke at it was great!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Vargas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2011 at 2:59am
Originally posted by bstuver bstuver wrote:

Amazing!! I am glad I went to the meeting you spoke at it was great!

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed my talk.  Here is a little more info on the book!

Table Of Contents

Introduction

Chapter One - Factors & Considerations (Obstacles that require consideration before the purchase of a reef aquarium)

Chapter Two - The Decision Process (All of the equipment used and their purpose)

Chapter Three - The Fundamentals (parameters required for a successful reef aquarium)

Chapter Four - Maintenance (proper husbandry practice)

Chapter Five - Acclimation & Quarantine

Chapter Six - 25-Gallon Nano Reef System (complete Nano build-up from start to finish)

Chapter Seven - 90-Gallon Reef System (complete 90-Gallon build-up from start to finish)

Chapter Eight - 180-Gallon Reef System (complete 180-Gallon build-up from start to finish)

Chapter Nine - 500-Gallon Reef System (complete 500-Gallon build-up from start to finish)

Chapter Ten - 20,000-Gallon Reef System (complete 20,000-Gallon build-up from start to finish)

Chapter Eleven - Reef Tanks From Around the World (45 Reef tanks from around the world)

Acronyms

Glossary

Bibliography

Photo & Diagram Contributors

Index

Tony Vargas
On Facebook
CoralReefAqua on Twitter
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2011 at 8:18am
Tony -

Have you gotten word on the date this will go on sale to the public, and where it will be sold?

Looking forward to it... gonna be an awesome read!

- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Vargas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2011 at 8:36am
Originally posted by BobC63 BobC63 wrote:

Tony -

Have you gotten word on the date this will go on sale to the public, and where it will be sold?

Two Little Fishies is working on a website for pre-orders, so it will be available very, very, soon. Hang in there, this is driving me crazy as well.   After the pre-orders it will be available where TLF products are sold.
Tony Vargas
On Facebook
CoralReefAqua on Twitter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Vargas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2011 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Tony Vargas Tony Vargas wrote:

Originally posted by BobC63 BobC63 wrote:

Tony -

Two Little Fishies is working on a website for pre-orders, so it will be available very, very, soon. Hang in there, this is driving me crazy as well.   After the pre-orders it will be available where TLF products are sold.

Finally, the wait is over!

Two Little Fishies has completed the Pre-Order web site for "The Coral Reef Aquarium".

http://thecoralreefaquariumbook.com/index.htm
Tony Vargas
On Facebook
CoralReefAqua on Twitter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic