Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy newest wet pets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My newest wet pets
    Posted: March 11 2011 at 11:39pm
SO as I have said in a couple posts I have turned my RSM into a seahorse tank. Pam and I did a combined order through www.seahorsesource.com and they were amazing to work with. We each got a male and a female and here are mine.
Oh and yes Mark that is cyano i am working on trying to get the flow right and the clean up crew I ordered at reefcleaners.com got delayed because the owner was in an accident so I am waiting for my package to get here:(

My female has amazing Cirri, I absolutely love her:

I am convinced the male hates me! Anytime I go near the tank he turns his head away from me

Thanks for looking:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2011 at 12:04am
I just love them! My female is just the same as your male.. not sure she likes us! She is very shy and and the male swims around all day :).
 Great Pics! Pam
DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2011 at 1:18am

Beautiful Jackie.....

A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2011 at 8:23am
All I can say is:
That's totally AWESOME!
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2011 at 10:47am
Those are some of the most amazing seahorses I have seen.  I look forward to hearing how well they do.
----------------

Richard

Former 47G Column Reef, Magna
20" x 18" x 31"H
Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2011 at 12:58pm
Dang very nice =)
JB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2011 at 11:57pm
Good luck to you, I don't think those are  something I would take on yet  Clap
If not for construction, where would we be?
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2011 at 12:05am
Jackie,
 I don't dare take pics of mine because mine would be just camera pics :).
 Pam
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2011 at 12:41am
Thanks everyone. As of today they have been hooked to each other for the better part of the day. Breeding may be in the near future although I don't plan to raise any just yet:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2011 at 12:46am
Originally posted by ptronsp ptronsp wrote:

Jackie, I don't dare take pics of mine because mine would be just camera pics :).  Pam

Pam I want to see yours:)
Jackie Stuver

ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2011 at 2:37am
Ok, here are mine but keep in mind they are not as good because they are from a camera phone :).

Connie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2011 at 12:17pm
These are awsome......
I have flying monkeys and I'm not afraid to use them.

180 gallon money pit that I love.....
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2011 at 1:34pm
Agree

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2011 at 5:46pm
Nice Pam! You should post the pic you sent me today of your female being yellow.

Thanks to everyone else! I am in love with these guys!
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2011 at 11:08pm
Here are a few pics of their tank:

And a couple more pics of the horses:)

Jackie Stuver

Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2011 at 9:04am
I have a cage you could put around the PH intake to keep the ponies from getting damaged.
griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2011 at 10:00am
 Sweet! Thumbs Up

Linn
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2011 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

I have a cage you could put around the PH intake to keep the ponies from getting damaged.

There actually is a cage thing on the intake, I guess you just can't see it. Thanks for the offer though I appreciate it.
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2011 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by griffith griffith wrote:

Sweet! Thumbs Up

Linn

Thank you!
Jackie Stuver

Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2011 at 5:34pm
I can see the standard strainer. I'm talking about a cage that goes around the strainer. Seahorses can get sucked up against that standard strainer and die there. I think I have a pic somewhere...here it is. The suction is much less, the further away you get from the intake port.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic