Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

10 g nano

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10 g nano
    Posted: February 06 2011 at 3:50am
I got started on my nano this weekend.  Thanks to Mark P for all his help!! 

Photos can be found on facebook here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=329581&id=601228473&l=5ad186a2e0

I've already seen some life from the live rock piece that I got from Mark..  A mini brittle star and I'm pretty sure I saw a worm on the rock this evening too..  

After 24 hours, the water is still quite cloudy..  I'm pretty sure at this point I didn't wash the sand well enough..  What has settled out of the water is like a powder on top of the rock..  Any suggestions on how to clean it up short of draining the tank and washing it again?
Deluxe247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deluxe247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 12:59pm
What kind of mechanical filtration are you using? In the absence of a sump where you could throw on a filter sock, you may just have to gradually siphon out the excess sediment. You could siphon into a bucket with a filer sock on the end of your hose to catch the sediment, then return that water to the tank and clean out the filter sock. Other than that, it might just take a little time with water changes to get the water nice and clear.

Edited by Deluxe247 - February 06 2011 at 1:04pm
90G Mixed Reef
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 3:35pm
Give it three days.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 10:37pm
I agree with Adam
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic