Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andy’s Phyto

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2004 at 10:45am
Mark I just got an e-mail from phycopure and they will have a new batch ready for shipment tomorrow
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2004 at 10:12am
We wouldn't want the shipment to get stuck behind Santa, so the phycopure and 3 cultures (3 - 8 oz @ $20 each) will ship next Monday, 12/27.

Here is today's email from him:

Mark,

I agree. It could go out tomorrow but I also worry about it getting stuck. I would prefer to send it on Monday that way we could go with a less expensive shipping rate, in addition, some of the stocks I want to send will be much denser. Whaddya think-does this work for you? Regarding payment, what is better for you, COD or credit card?

In order to keep life a little bit easier, once a store comes on-line in your area I will sell directly to them but until then this arrangement is fine.

Regarding the starter cultures you want the T.Iso, Chaetoceros (chagra) and rhodomonas?

I appreciate the business and support. Let me know and as always, If there are any questions or issues please feel free to contact me.

All the best
Erik
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2004 at 12:03pm
Can you ask him to let you know when
the Acartia Tonsa becomes available?
Maybe you can let me know, if it's not too much trouble.
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2004 at 2:09pm
I talked to Chris at fish 4u today and he says he will be the distributor. he said Suzy is getting him the information Mark how will it be shipped?
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
Adam Haycock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Haycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2004 at 2:22pm

Wow Suzy, that Acartia Tonsa looks pretty cool. Let me know if you are going to order it and how much it is. I may be interested in splitting the cost with you.

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2004 at 4:20pm

I still recommend we all wait until the next meeting.  But I'm in for a small bottle whenever.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2004 at 7:19pm
BT, he is not returning my emails now. Maybe Mark can find out
for us.

(But, I might have another source, only this time it's a secret!
But, she knows the other Adam!)
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2004 at 6:17am
Thank you Suzy, It's really good that you started this thread. I had been wanting to get more of this stuff ever since Andy's July visit. Please forgive me for any offence I caused you by stepping in. I'm just impatient and didn't want this to drop for lack of resources. Erik copied you his response to my first email, to let you know he had begun corresponding with me about the order. Did you not receive that email?

BTW, Erik says that Copepod production is not ready for market yet.

Jeff and everyone, It will be shipped Monday for 2-3 day delivery. I don't know which carrier. I've already paid for it. ($480 + 1/2 shipping) Erik's not making any money on this, just recouping a tiny bit of his start-up expense. He feels that his product doesn't really compete with a product such as DT's because a different type of person with different needs (a clam lover for example) will use Phycopure rather than Velvet Green.

Also, I did not get the impression from Erik that he had decided to have Fish4U be his local distributor. When I spoke with him on the phone yesterday(Wed.) I mentioned Richard Brown and his LFS distribution business, Corals & Clams. Erik was unaware of the local distributors and seemed to agree with me that it makes more sense for that kind of company, which already has all the contacts with all the LFS, to be a Phycopure distributor.

Though the Aquarium hobby is a portion of his business, Erik's bigger "fish" are companies that need algae grown for specific reasons, such as bio-pharmaceutical and nutrition. The day may come when anti-viral compounds are ingested by eating an algae wafer! Many nutritional, food ingredient, and pharmaceutical components are already being produced by companies that culture and grow and/or harvest algae on a large scale. Can you guess how the San Diego company, Kelco, got it's name?

As for Suzy's question regarding Zooxanthellae Algae in Phycopure, Erik got it originally from some Atlantic Pocilipora coral (that's an SPS). He now cultures it without having to grow the coral.

Here's a bit of interesting info...Zooxanthellae Algae, the class of algae that grow in coral, seem to be almost as varied as their host coral. Different Z.A. even live in the same coral at different water depths. There are some Z.A. that tolerate or thrive in warmer water. Coral seem to have the ability to dispose of their original Z.A. in order to acquire this warmer water Z.A. Good news for those of us worried about global warming and coral bleaching.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
dianatabor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianatabor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2005 at 1:09am
Mark-
So, did you order it? Or, are we waiting until closer to the meeting? On page 2 of this thread I was on your list, but I never heard from anyone. I was out of town for Christmas and with the message board being down so often recently I feel that I've been completely out of touch. I still want a 16-ounce bottle. Please let me know what the plan is and when I should pay you and pick up my order.

THANKS!!
Diana
dianatabor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianatabor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2005 at 1:39am
Mark - Nevermind.  I just saw your thread under the Buy-Sell-Trade forum (http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4780).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic