Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GBTA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
saltybuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltybuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GBTA
    Posted: October 08 2010 at 12:47pm
I purchased a GBTA a few weeks ago.  Upon putting it in my tank, it moved to a spot that was hidden and in a crack.  I tried to get it to move by putting a Koralia Nano blowing right on it.  It never moved and has only come out once.  Since then, it has been in a crack, never coming out to see the lights (150 W 14K Phoenix halides).  I was told to be patient, but it has not come out at all and is just stuck in a crack.  I have already fed it a shrimp (the block of frozen shrimp from LFS).  How do I get it to come out?  If it has been a few weeks and he has not come out, is it done for?
Mike
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2010 at 1:05pm
you mean its in a crack where the light and food cant reach?
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2010 at 5:12pm
If you still have the powerhead blowing directly on it, it may be hiding from the constant high water flow.  Move the power head for a while and see if it comes back out.

Anemone can be a real PITA sometimes.
saltybuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltybuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2010 at 6:51pm
Thanks, I actually took the Power head off a week ago, and it is still where food and light cannot reach. It came out once and now is tucked back in.
Mike
DanhNgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanhNgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2010 at 11:06pm

Anemone are unique animal. It will come out when it ready. I would just leave it alone and give it some time.  By forcing, it will cause more stress.

Danh
200 Gal Reef

25 Gal Nano Reef
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic