Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Water Specs of Various Cities

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
EricsNano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricsNano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water Specs of Various Cities
    Posted: August 28 2010 at 12:14pm
SO I just moved to murray from downtown, and I am wondering, how does murray city water differ in terms of calcium and PH? I am out of testing strips, and I need to do a water change. Anybody have an idea for either city?
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2010 at 12:51pm
testing your local water with aquarium test kits are worthless they are less accurate, you might want to your local city website and start searching what are the water parameters. are you going to use your local water for your aquarium?

Edited by SGH360 - August 28 2010 at 12:54pm
badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2010 at 1:56pm
I live in murray.... I use ro/di water but my tds meter says incoming water is usually about 180-210ppm. So not horrible
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2010 at 4:30pm
Murray water is pretty good. It has good Alk and Ca. I live in Murray and I'd be happy to give you free RO water. I'm at 756 E Lake Point Dr. #4C (about 5600 S.) Call me at the number below to be sure I'm home. We can look at my Hawaii Nano and talk fish. Smile
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic