Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coral Cutting Frags

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coral Cutting Frags
    Posted: November 01 2004 at 6:34am

I just wanted to bring attention to two of the most common insightful suggestions we receive after Coral Propagation Seminars.  (notice that euphamism, I didn't say complaints)
We always get a lot of people saying that the frags are too small, and that they'd gladly pay much more money for larger frags.
We always get a lot of people saying that there weren't enough frags, they didn't get what they wanted, and we should make smaller cuttings to make more.
The presidency is aware of these issues, and is trying to help both sides.

This post is mainly intended as my warning and disclaimer.  However, feel free to comment because I'll be addressing this at the start of the meeting on Thursday and would like to know if there is something else I should bring up and address to the entire club.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
tom- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2004 at 9:01am
I have always been very happy personaly...Thanks WMAS
120&125 mainly sps 801-897-2000
kearns, Ut Ryan
Kahuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kahuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2004 at 9:46am
We won't ever be able to please everyone. But I've been very pleased now for about 4 years and I  think my tank would agree.  Tha'ts why I keep coming back again and again.
Cell 801 860-7333
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2004 at 10:53am
The frag sale is always one of my favorite meetings. I dont mind small frags. Sometimes they actually do better. Its always a gamble when you buy frags.
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2004 at 11:03am
Perhaps it would be helpful to recite the purpose of the WMAS. I pay particular attention to the last word

"The Wasatch Marine Aquarium Society (WMAS) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the support of the hobby of marine aquarium keeping. We believe in conservation of coral reefs by promoting captive breeding and propagation of marine creatures and developing natural marine environments for our specimens. We promote responsibility and education of marine hobbyists. We have a monthly meeting featuring guest speakers, events, raffles, and fun"

I'm grateful for having all the fun I've had over the years. Thanks WMAS.

Edited by Mark Peterson
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2004 at 9:03pm

I will also throw out this disclaimer....

The next most common sets of comments we receive are along the lines of "I just set up a tank, I'd like to see more soft easy to keep corals" and then of course "I want to see more super rare acros". 

Again, difficult to balance.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2004 at 5:21am
Even a small frag will quickly grow. I think it's more important
that we pick out stuff that will grow.

I got a few small sps last meeting that are all growing!
coreyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2004 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Suzy Suzy wrote:

I got a few small sps last meeting that are all growing!

i agree .. all my sps from the last meeting are growing and doing well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic