FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A couple questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A couple questions
    Posted: March 18 2010 at 6:59pm
I was wondering if its ok to Is rock from The Great salt lake? and if so, is it ok to take rock from antelope island? Im looking to get about 100+ Lbs?
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2010 at 7:28pm
Welcome to the WMAS/Utahreefs message board Kreedan,

You have a great idea there. Go here and read more about how good it works: http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244

I, like you got the idea not long after I started my first reef aquarium and when we(the club) found that certain rock was ideal because it was ancient LR, the concept snowballed until now it's pretty much legend all around the world. I've had people out of the blue send me money to ship them a bucket of Utah sand and rock or to drive to another state with a pallet of the rock.Wacko

Now, even though I moved away, I keep a pile of the highest quality stuff at my Mom's house for people that don't want to go searching for it.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2010 at 7:45pm
thanks so i can go to antelope island and get rock and sand
faviasteve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faviasteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2010 at 8:07pm
I don't think they'll let you take anything at antelope.  Stansbury Island is a good place.
Steve Burton

Logan, Utah
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2010 at 8:12pm
Where is stansbury island
faviasteve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faviasteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2010 at 8:46pm
Take I-80 west to the second Grantsville exit and then go north by the Morton Salt facility and on to the island (it's really a peninsula now).  I've been there to get sand many times but I don't know where to collect the rock.  Mark Peterson is the expert on that.  There's a good write up about it with detailed directions if you search.

Edited by faviasteve - March 18 2010 at 8:50pm
Steve Burton

Logan, Utah
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2010 at 9:18pm
alright i will check
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic