Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hang on Back Fuge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MrNewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hang on Back Fuge
    Posted: February 22 2010 at 7:26pm
well I built my HOB refugium for my new 30 cube.  The plan is to have a Tunze 9002 in the first chamber and a shelf at teh bottom of that chamber for carbon etc. and a sand bed and fuge section in the side with the spill off return to the tank.

Next comes the 75 Watt LED panel

Just a couple of glass boxes full of slimey things
fyrmn14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fyrmn14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2010 at 7:36pm
Looks very nice. You did a good job that.
This isn't a hobby...its a sport...they should put it in the olympics.
MrNewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2010 at 7:39pm
When the stand has a finish on it I will post pics of the whole thing.  I have never been this patient putting a system together, I am tired of doing things half-a%%ed.
Spbeyond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spbeyond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2010 at 7:53pm
Can you make make one of these for me???  hehe
90 Gallon Reef w/4 bulb 54W t5

I buy, sell and restore pinball machines. Got one in the basement? ;)
MrNewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2010 at 7:57pm
that could be arranged, I would need to find out how much I am into it.  I don't like to look at those realities as I go along.  But the short answer is yes but it would be after I finish this one up
Spbeyond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spbeyond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2010 at 8:25pm
PM me at any time.
90 Gallon Reef w/4 bulb 54W t5

I buy, sell and restore pinball machines. Got one in the basement? ;)
Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2010 at 8:47pm
are you going to pump water from the tank to the hob? or does the skimmer pull in water from the tank?
MrNewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2010 at 8:59pm
the skimmer is actually the return, teeth to keep my macro in the fuge.  I plan to use a MJ-1200 to supply the system.
fishoutawater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishoutawater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2010 at 9:38pm
So you are putting an mj in the display to pump in to the fuge/skimmer?
Some day, when I grow up,...

MrNewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2010 at 10:02pm
yes, I was planning on placing it low and behind rocks
tcfab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2010 at 10:31pm
Looks really good.Thumbs Up
Mad Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2010 at 2:58am
Very nice work.
Todd
14g nano mixed reef project
Deluxe247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deluxe247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2010 at 9:08am
Nice acrylic work!  Laser cut?  So, to be clear, you're pumping water from the tank to the fuge with the MJ, then back into the tank with the skimmer?  I'm interested to know how tricky it will be to balance the flow rates.
90G Mixed Reef
MrNewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2010 at 1:45pm
No I will be pumping out of the tank into the first chamber, where I will have a Tunze 9002, it will flow through the bubble trap to the fuge section where it will flow through the teeth and back into the tank.  Yes it is all laser cut, but in future ones I will only laser cut the sides and the return teeth, I don't like the way laser cuts glue up.  They seem to have a crackled look to the joints when the glue up is finished. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic