Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

weird worm thing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
akite7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akite7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: weird worm thing
    Posted: January 19 2010 at 1:33am
I went over to my tank and flipped on a lamp next to my tank and looked in and saw about three or four weird little worms going crazy in there.  It kind of looks like a blood worm or some other sort of larvae.  I will try to post a youtube video of it but I have never used youtube to upload a video before so I hope that it works.
Sorry about the quality but all I had at the time was my iphone and I didn't want them to hide by the time I got back with my camera!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awOSFRvpmIE

Also I will try the "insert movie" button on here so maybe one of the two will work.

Thanks in advance for all the help you guys give to me a "newbie" and a VERY curious person that likes to look in my tank at all hours of the night to see what is in there!!!Embarrassed

Thanks again, Adam

First SW tank started 5/18/09
150g wanna be reef.
20g refugium
40g return area with skimmer
jacobwilson222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobwilson222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 2:55pm
WOW, I HAVE SEEN NOTHING LIKE THAT! at first I thought maybe bristle worms but as far as I know they can not swim like that
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 3:04pm
Wow, I have never seen anything like it. I'm stumped.
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
akite7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akite7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 6:11pm
Well like I said I didn't have time to get to my camera cuz when I wen back they were gone. They haven't came back the last couple of days either that I could see. Weird things. Hope it doesn't turn into some nasty thing flying around my house!!! Thanks for looking at it though.
150g wanna be reef.
20g refugium
jacobwilson222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobwilson222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 6:20pm
Have you added any new rock and how long has your tank been up and running? have you added anything new?
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2010 at 12:51pm
I have seen the same thing before.  It is a bristle worn and they sometimes swim in the water column.  Why they do it I don't know for sure, but my thought has always been that it part of their mating dance.
----------------

Richard

Former 47G Column Reef, Magna
20" x 18" x 31"H
Sculpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sculpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2010 at 1:12pm
I've seen one of those before and just the other day. I saw it at Bird World while Doug was cleaning one of the frag tanks. I asked him about it but he wasn't sure himself.

Micah
akite7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akite7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2010 at 9:47pm
Not anything new other than some fish in the last couple of months. I thought maybe a bristleworm too at first but there wasn't any bristles on it. Just was rounded like larvae. Very weird though. Haven't seen them since either. And I look every night for them now.
150g wanna be reef.
20g refugium
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2010 at 12:02am
Just wait.  One of our club members (Rick Bangerter) has some serious big ol' worms that come out and swim around....

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic