Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what if $10,000 was given....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2009 at 2:44pm
So let me ask this then. When someone goes in to a doctors office and sets up a tank do they have the doctor pick out all the fish and coral they want from a book, do they have them read about a fish tank the in and outs of it? 
Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2009 at 11:01am
Depends on who it is. I think a lot of maintenance people let the customer pick a theme, soft coral reef, mixed reef, sps tank, etc. and then I think they go at it. Of coarse if the customer wants to add a specific item they will usually add it if it isn't destructive in that set up.
What?! You pooped in the refrigerator, and ate the entire wheel of cheese?! I'm not even mad.... That's actually amazing!
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2009 at 11:03am
Thats what I thought chad... well actually thats what a couple of mantanence companies and stores have told me that is what they do. They ask if there is any specifics or what they have seen in other tanks they like and then work with that. Ive not heard of any one sitting down and explaing the circle of life or in this case the circle of ocean Wink

thefu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2009 at 11:33am
Wasn't there another recent (last two days) post from mark in this thread...subsequent to him making this suggestion...maybe I am confusing it, but I thought there was...some of the context was about skimmers and controllers and the difference between his own tanks and the thousand or so he has done for others...also, something about him being known as cheap.

Maybe it was in another thread, but I didn't think so...I searched all these keywords and cannot find it...did we have a server issue or did someone delete the post?

Edited by thefu - September 22 2009 at 11:34am
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2009 at 12:01pm
He did post right after my post on the top of the page and then deleted it, but I dont remember what it had said. 
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2009 at 12:02pm
No Fu you are right. There was a post from Mark in here that has vanished into the night.
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
thefu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2009 at 12:09pm
Well, since users cannot delete their own posts (unless maybe you are a presidency member) then either there is a system issue, it broke site rules, or he asked someone to delete it for him for some strange reason...if that were true he could have just edited it...strange...
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2009 at 12:14pm
It is weird I have seen it in mine were it gives me an option to delete my posts but only occasionly.... weird

ANYWHO. I order the tank should be here later this week or next week. Ill start a build thread soon, but I still would like peoples input on what they would if they were given the money.... Thanks!
thefu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2009 at 12:18pm
It lets you delete if no one has posted after you I think.

Do you know if there was a post after his?

Still, strange that he would delete it...it had good info...maybe he didn't like calling himself cheap?

Edited by thefu - September 22 2009 at 12:19pm
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2009 at 12:22pm
no there wasnt a post after his i was reading it and refreshed my page and it was gone! lol 
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2009 at 12:42pm

Up until the point that someone replies after you, you can delete it. That's what I did because it did not add anything useful to this discussion.

Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
thefu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2009 at 2:22pm
Hmm I think it did. It explained very clearly that what one does for their own tanks is and should be different than what is done for a tank that will not be maintained by the owner. For instance, your point on skimmers and controllers. That is why I noticed it missing...because I thought it very relevant.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic