Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Guy - Just Wanted to Introduce Myself

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Yodaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yodaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Guy - Just Wanted to Introduce Myself
    Posted: August 17 2009 at 11:48am

I'm Jared, just moved up from Arizona about a year ago and getting back in to the hobby.  In AZ I did a 90g SPS tank.  Been in the hobby for about 4 years now.  I live in Alpine with my Wife and 2 kids.  I work at the University of Phoenix as an Enrollment Counselor and love it.  I spend my liesure time reefing and wakeboarding.  Nice to meet you all.

I have set up a 125g Tall.  It's looking pretty barren but that's how it is in the beginning.  For the time being it will be primarily LPS and Zoo's, eventually, once we move to a more permanent spot, I'll be loading it with SPS.  I'm hoping people here have some really nice peices that they are willing to frag.  I'll be looking to buy all sorts of pretty Zoos and LPS throughout the next couple of months so just send me a PM if you have something nice I'd appreciate that.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.  I was really close to my reef community in AZ so I'm really glad that it is so big here too.

Here is a pic of what I have so far.  It's not much right now, but I'll keep updating as it progresses.

Sitaga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sitaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 11:56am
Welcome to the club! 

Bill
Tons of livestock including fish, coral, and inverts currently in stock. We also have Reeflo pumps, SeaChem additives, Brine Shrimp Direct foods, and ATI lighting in stock.
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 12:14pm
Welcome!
It's great to have you here.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
dduts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dduts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 1:14pm
Welcome Jared!
90g mixed reef

GOT CRABS?

Sometimes I wonder "why is that frisbee getting bigger?"....and then it hits me
Yodaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yodaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 3:18pm
Thank you.  When do you all meet?
KMastin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMastin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 3:46pm
First Thursday of the month, 7:00 pm. Go to upcoming events for more information.
Kathy Mastin
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 7:29pm
Welcome
chk4tix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chk4tix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 7:42pm
Welcome
Original Crappy Reef Club Member #2

Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 7:45pm
Welcome Yodaman!

Mike

Turbostud653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbostud653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 8:12pm

Good to have you hear as a member of this great club!

Here is what a customer said while on hold Oh my gosh! Did you open the door? I told you not to open the door. Dre is in here completely naked and he's got freak'n Macaroni and Cheese in his hands.
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 9:22pm
Welcome!!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 9:22pm
Welcome Yodaman.  Glad you found us.  We really do have a great community of reefers here and we love to add new friends to our group.
Yodaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yodaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 10:41pm
I'm glad to be here.  Already been able to speak with a few people over the phone.  Pretty awesome group here.  I'm excited to participate in the Parade of Reefs that I've heard about.
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 10:46pm
Welcome Jared!

And yes, the WMAS Reef Tour is "a wonder to behold"!

Wink
- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
Andreason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andreason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2009 at 12:35pm
Nice to have another member "down south!" Looks like you have a nice start on a great tank!
Andreason's

Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2009 at 2:02pm
Welcome Yoda! I mean Jared.

What?! You pooped in the refrigerator, and ate the entire wheel of cheese?! I'm not even mad.... That's actually amazing!
Jessekin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessekin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2009 at 2:07pm
Welcome to the community! 

and may the force be with you...
Jesse Sandstrom - The Grand Master Flash

1.5 Gallon - Mantis Shrimp
dustponds10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustponds10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2009 at 7:44pm
Alpine?  Is there a Alpine in Utah?  the only one I know about is in Wyoming.  If you are in Wyoming that would be cool, but I am sure there is a place in Utah called ALpine as well. 
ASM G-3
T-5 lighting
130 frag system
T-5 lighting
asm G-1x
boadyboom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boadyboom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2009 at 7:50pm
Alpine is just on the south side of Point of the Mtn.... Basically behind Cabellas back up that way
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2009 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by dustponds10 dustponds10 wrote:

Alpine?  Is there a Alpine in Utah?  the only one I know about is in Wyoming.  If you are in Wyoming that would be cool, but I am sure there is a place in Utah called ALpine as well. 

Ha ha yeah there is an Alpine. I grew up there. Actually my family for the past 100 years has been from there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic