Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tank of the Month Calendar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tank of the Month Calendar
    Posted: August 26 2004 at 6:10pm
The presidency has been considering a tank of the month calendar for 2005. The calendar would include pictures from this year's tanks of the month. For example, ToM for May 2004 would be the pictorial for the May 2005 page.

In order to make a project of this size worthwhile, a significant number of calendars would need to be sold. Would club members (and anyone else) be interested in buying such a calendar? The price has not been established, but its likely they would sell for about $20.

Please post your comments here - both pro and con. Your comments and support will help determine if we take on this project.

Also - if anyone has any experience with putting a calendar together please PM me and let me know. Skye has already provided me with some very good information and I would like to hear from others as well.
Weimers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weimers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2004 at 6:24pm

I think it's a cool idea.  If I liked the photos, I'd buy more than one.   Some of the micro pictures we've seen would be interesting, but probably only one or two.  Maybe two together on a page.

Renee and Damon Weimer
Tankless in Hawaii
coreyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2004 at 6:37pm
i'd buy one
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2004 at 6:42pm
I'd buy one too.
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2004 at 6:43pm
Wait... are we talking "comercial" quality?  Similar to what you would buy at the store?  Heavy paper, good printing?
reptoreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reptoreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2004 at 6:45pm
Sounds like a winner idea... I want one.
www.captivereefing.com
Skyetone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyetone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2004 at 6:54pm
the way I can print for cheep is off my home printer. it is a top of the line HP that prints wonderfull colors. It has to be on an uncoated stock as not to smear. I have done two years of 4x4 calendars for RME, and will bring last years to the meeting to give to shane and others can look at. I would say other than the shiney paper.... Yes these are commercial quality.
I will just give my warning that your system will flood, bulbs will burn out, and things will take continuous maintenance... get over it.

Magna
vangvace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vangvace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 7:46am

Those RME calanders are pretty nice. You did a great job on them

McGuire AFB, NJ

Moments of brilliance
SSpargur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSpargur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 8:14am
If they are professional quality, I would definitely be interested.
Sean Spargur
West Valley, UT
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 8:33am
The calendars will be professional quality or they won't be done at all. We're not interested in putting out anything with the WMAS name on it that isn't done well.
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 4:24pm
i would buy one for sure
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
Skyetone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyetone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 5:03pm
vangvace
 are you on RME? small world? who are you.... Shane PM me a day before the meeting so I can bring my samples to you.....
I will just give my warning that your system will flood, bulbs will burn out, and things will take continuous maintenance... get over it.

Magna
Kam Blake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kam Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 6:45pm
I would if the pictures didn't have the owner with a cheesy smile in the picture. I think they need to be pictures of the tank and close-ups only.

Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 7:33pm
I wouldnt mind one either am i still sept TOTM??????
Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
[email protected]

vangvace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vangvace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 11:19pm

skyetone,

I've been to rme a couple times but I haven't registered yet. I saw your calander though at a Big Horn 4x4 meeting. I occasionally get onto moabjeeper.com (which reminds me I have a lift to install)

McGuire AFB, NJ

Moments of brilliance
Skyetone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyetone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2004 at 7:40am
yea when I did the 4x4 I REALLY tried not to have pics of the people.... I'll drop a link...

Magna
Skyetone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyetone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2004 at 7:48am

Magna
reptoreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reptoreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2004 at 8:02am
Sky, Excellent work!!!
www.captivereefing.com
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2004 at 9:35pm
BUMP!
rfoote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfoote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2004 at 5:17am
Shane - I'd buy one!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic