Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie on a budget continued

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mandjhaley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandjhaley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie on a budget continued
    Posted: March 27 2009 at 12:04pm
Hello again... I created my profile right before the forum went down, and when I tried to log on again, I ended up having to start all over, and I can't find my previous post . I'm new to all of this. Just wanted to say hello, and I'll be back later for more info. I've LOVED reading the various threads, and I'm quickly becoming addicted to my new hobby!

I set up my 20 gal Feb 2, 2009, and so far everything's been okay. I currently have a clown, pseudochromis, red and white checked goby, peppermint shrimp, and a condy. I've learned that long skinny fish find the small hole in your aquarium lid and jump out, and that bubble anenomes aren't nearly as beautiful when they get sucked into your filter intake. Also, large, aggressive hermits eat your new fish faster than you can name them .I conquered the cyano like a pro (dumb luck probably). I've been reading absolutely everything I come across, and have been grateful for this forum.

I could REALLY use some more live rock, so if you know anyone who's looking to unload some, let me know. I have an actinic I bought off a friend, and if I'm calculating right, I have about 6wpg. I do have some questions about how to attach corals to rocks. Some friends have given me very small pieces of various zoas, and I've just tossed them into the tank. They seem to find a spot they like and just hang out, but I have no idea how to attach them. Tried it once and made a big mess and killed the poor little guys.

I'm trying to go as slowly as I can stand, mainly so my husband doesn't have a fit over the price tag . I'm open for any suggestions anyone might have, and thank you in advance!

Edited by mandjhaley - March 27 2009 at 2:57pm
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2009 at 12:10pm
Welcome mandjhaley!

Mike

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2009 at 12:35pm
Welcome!  Glad to have you here.

Adam
ps- Woods Cross, I'm close in Centerville but we have a couple cool club members by you as well
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
tazman1982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazman1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2009 at 12:36pm
WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE!! MUAHHHHHHAA LOL
It is very addicting and fun! Patiance is KEY, and reasearch, reasearch, reasearch.
75 Reef
55 Reef

superman1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2009 at 1:07pm
Welcome to the club! 

-Tim
Sure you are, you are Crappy Reef Club Member #1 -Chk4tix

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic