Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aquarium Picture Thread! (Post Yours!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
lil' man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil' man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2010 at 10:20pm
Why are my pictures so small yet its the largest it would let me download?
Deluxe247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deluxe247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2010 at 2:42am
What is the resolution set to on your images?  Did you use any editing software to re-size them and shrink the file size?  You can generally shrink a file by adjusting either the resolution (DPI) or the actual image size, or both.  In Photoshop you can also adjust the image "quality." I don't know what software you're using, but try setting the image width higher and reducing the resolution, just not so much it becomes pixellated.  Let me know if that's confusing.
90G Mixed Reef
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2010 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by lil' man lil' man wrote:

Why are my pictures so small yet its the largest it would let me download?
You need to host your pictures on another site, like photobucket.com and then post your pictures useing their site.

335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
BDerron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDerron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2010 at 9:45pm
my 75
Jasob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 11:16pm
90 Gallon (2 months)

Edited by Jasob - May 04 2010 at 6:18am
Jason
Tooele, UT
Jasob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 11:19pm
30 Gallon  (Almost 5 yrs)

Edited by Jasob - May 04 2010 at 6:16am
Jason
Tooele, UT
Deluxe247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deluxe247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 11:24pm
Holy Blue!  What lights are you running on those tanks?
90G Mixed Reef
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 11:35pm
It may just be the white balance on his camera.
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
Jasob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 2:46pm

At that time all that was running on the 90 gallon was 2 aqua blue + lights, on the 30 gallon only 3 all atinic bulbs were on, so definately blue, but the camera definately makes it worse and as far as I can tell it can't be changed.  Maybe I should post some pictures with the daylight on.   Updated pictures with the 'daylights' on.

Edited by Jasob - May 04 2010 at 6:19am
Jason
Tooele, UT
Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2010 at 8:54pm
We need some updated pics =) its been over 2 months sense anyone's posted on this thread! 
fishoutawater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishoutawater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2010 at 6:10pm
The latest of my 40 breeder
Some day, when I grow up,...

Deluxe247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deluxe247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2010 at 10:55pm
So I've been trying for over two months to get my clowns to host in the LTA that lives literally inches from where they host in my xenia and frogspawn.  Just the other day I came home and saw Zoe in there swimming through the tentacles, happy as can be.  Both have now "acclimated" to their luxury home.  Here are a couple pics of Zoe (distinguishable by her size and the black dot on her tail).

All lights on

Actinics only

90G Mixed Reef
Lurkerz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurkerz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2010 at 12:12am
A couple of more recent FTS shots of my RSM

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2010 at 12:30pm
Shrink the file size but expand the pic in inches or choose 72 pixels/inch.

I should have posted my tanks in this thread a long time ago. Better late than never. A few of the pics of a few of my many tanks over the years are in the Tips section of the link below.Smile
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2010 at 12:55pm
Tank is looking better every day, I keep adding more and more and will be out of room in another month! I'm working on a new project that will be pretty cool, so then I'll focus on filling that up instead.

Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
herrera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herrera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2010 at 9:08pm
i purchased this 120g tank a few months ago fro Keith. And just had a couple Damsels to cycle tank. I just got around to building a sump.

as of now the tank is home to...

2 blue damsels
1 domino damsel
1 watchman Goby
1 Singapore Angel
1 Niger Trigger
1 Huma Huma Trigger

Future plans..
1 black Clown
1 Tomatoe Clown
1 Clown Trigger

I know the damsels and goby shouldn't be in the same tank, but they are impossible to cetch. and as of now the domino damsel picks on all my triggers haha.  And i'm not worried aqbout the the Goby, he hides very well.

Will the Triggers eventually eat my Damsels? or is there a possibility they may get along?

cell phone pics..

Edited by herrera - July 06 2010 at 11:20am
125g Aggressive tank
SWC-Xtreme cone prtein skimmer
40g Sump
------------------------------
16g Innovative Marine Reef
AI led 75W
bur01014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bur01014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2013 at 4:10pm
There is likely a ton of new members since this thread fizzled - I enjoy looking at FTS - no matter how old or new your tank is, also enjoy looking at everyone's sumps/mechanical rooms...

Bump!

Edited by bur01014 - March 14 2013 at 4:11pm
Boxfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2013 at 5:00pm
I think its so cool how everyones tanks are completely different!  Well done people I like it!
joelduval1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joelduval1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2013 at 2:24am
^^ Diddo!
Luv68tiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luv68tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2013 at 8:31pm
Love this thread, thank you for bumping it up! I like looking at tanks and the sump/systems too.
~Michelle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic