Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is this

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
viper121st View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper121st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is this
    Posted: January 02 2009 at 1:37pm
I know it is a bad pic but it was from a camera phone.
Andreason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andreason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2009 at 1:38pm
Looks like aptaisa.
Andreason's

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper121st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2009 at 1:40pm
wow i have a bunch on the rocks when i bought them and they are getting bigger. Pretty cool
Andreason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andreason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2009 at 1:41pm
No, not pretty cool lol. They are pests. They will multiply and take over your whole tank rather quickly. You will want to eradicate them really soon.
Andreason's

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper121st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2009 at 1:43pm
Well there is only like 3 of them and in a tank with really crappy lighting so i think they wont be able to grow very well.
Andreason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andreason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2009 at 1:45pm
Nope. They will grow super well. You will have a huge crop if you don't intervene.
Andreason's

jeffm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2009 at 1:54pm
I've had a couple small ones and Blue Vet Aiptasia Control worked great. Joe's Juice and hot water are supposed to work as well. You just use a little directly on them. Like feeding them.
Jeff Martin
Spbeyond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spbeyond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2009 at 2:32pm
Get them out!  Dont let the 3 become 300 and then you wont be able to stop it.
90 Gallon Reef w/4 bulb 54W t5

I buy, sell and restore pinball machines. Got one in the basement? ;)
dons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2009 at 2:45pm
LOL I saw my first one last night in my tank swimming around.  I got it out pretty quick and started looking around and unfortunately have found several small colonies so I will be picking up either a bunch of peppermint shrimp or a spotted butterfly fish.  After his work is done he will probably be available to the next poor tank with tons of aptasia.
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2009 at 6:22pm
Definitely Aiptasia (Glass Anemone) and they are invasive. They can be tough to get rid of if they start to multiply.

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper121st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2009 at 6:28pm
Awesome thanks Mike. I took all I could find out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic