Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What chemicals to use?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Turbostud653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbostud653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What chemicals to use?
    Posted: November 14 2008 at 11:01am
I have been currently using Seachem products in my tank.  Like there ph buffer and the coral food red bottle one.  I was wondering if that is a good brand to use?
Here is what a customer said while on hold Oh my gosh! Did you open the door? I told you not to open the door. Dre is in here completely naked and he's got freak'n Macaroni and Cheese in his hands.
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2008 at 11:10am
i like kent coral vite.
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2008 at 11:15am

I'm sure Seachem is good and I think it is all a matter of personal preference.  I use Kent  and think it works great but I have not ever used Seachem so I can't compare the two.

DebBig smile

Edited by frednwilma1999 - November 14 2008 at 11:15am
Yes Mikey...I still have fins!!!
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2008 at 11:28am
For the most part, they're all the same stuff so it really doesn't matter.  The only caviat is DO NOT use Seachem's Marine Buffer 8.3 in a reef tank.  It is designed to buffer your water to 8.3 by using A LOT of boron (borate salts).  This might be ok for a fish only tank, but in a reef tank you'll never know how much carbonate you have which is really what you want and need.
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2008 at 11:44am
good to know jon. I use that stuff in my QT tanks only
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
Turbostud653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbostud653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2008 at 11:46am

Thanks for the advice! John, I'll have to check to see which one I use.  It has a blue bottle that raises PH.  I think thats the one.

Here is what a customer said while on hold Oh my gosh! Did you open the door? I told you not to open the door. Dre is in here completely naked and he's got freak'n Macaroni and Cheese in his hands.
mr_tongate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr_tongate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2008 at 6:42pm
i like seachem and kent but i think seachem's "FUEL" is an awsome product IMO .
i think my corals are doing better since ive started using it they are defenaly getting bigger
220 reef
cell# 760.684.6122
POSTING PIC'S
http://zip-zero.com/wmas/imageUpload.php
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2008 at 7:10pm
I really like Seachem. I also use Kent's iron.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic