Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question Experts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bjorgensen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjorgensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question Experts
    Posted: October 13 2008 at 12:20pm

I posted the following in the coral message tab, but wanted to get some general info. on caring for brain corals.  I posted the following:

I have a question regarding my brain coral that I have.  I have had it for about 2 weeks now, and it doesnt look like it is doing good at all.  All my other corals are doing great but my brain is showing no positive signs.  I guess it is showing it skeleton quite a bit from what I have read about them.  However, I have also read that you can get them to recover.  Again all my other corals are thriving and growing larger and brighter everyday.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do for this type of coral.  I need clear and detailed instructions on what to do for it.
Bryan Jorgensen
[email protected]
Aquaristnewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquaristnewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2008 at 1:07pm
I would do a search for brain coral care and look at several sources.  Based on what is consistent make sure you have it placed in a good spot and that your water parameters are up to par.  Anything you have can recover if the conditions are right.  Just make sure they were good in the first place.  Hope this helps.  I would give specifics but do not own one.  I have yet to have a coral die on me.  I have had a few close calls with a few but with lots of research they have all turned out ok.  Just patience is the key.  If all of your paramaters are good and it placed in a good spot I would wait it out and try not todo anyting drastic to your tank until it does recover.
150 gallon Reef
Millcreek Utah

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic