Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reef Tour- real time updates

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Bluespotjawfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluespotjawfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 6:07pm
I was expecting more myself.  Visitors are welcome anytime anyway.  For those who made it way out west, thanks for stopping by!  My Bluespots enjoyed the attention!
Home of the baby Picasso!
MrViper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 6:09pm
well its after 5 and i only had like 5 or so...nothing after 1 pm.  so i guess we are done, wawot!
Vipers look cool at a distant, but be careful of the bite..its a killer!

Still to many cool stuff not enough money
chastings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chastings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 6:25pm
I had a great day!  Probably only about 20-25 people, but I really enjoyed it.  Thanks to everyone that made the rounds.
-Charlie
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 6:26pm
Slower  than last year by a third, but I enjoyed being able to sit and talk to people this year instead of missing most last year.   Total at 5 pm 82

Edited by tileman - September 06 2008 at 6:27pm
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 6:33pm
we still have people coming - probably up to 40 now
===========

Shawn Winterbottom
Bluespotjawfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluespotjawfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 6:36pm
I don't think anyone has stopped by since about 4:00. 
Home of the baby Picasso!
shakin06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakin06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 6:42pm
40 visitors today. Jeff deb mat and mike are still here
72 Bow ASM G2 Oceanic1 mag 9.5
TEK 8 bulb T5HO
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 6:46pm
I got slammed all afternoon.  Just finishing up right now.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 7:12pm
#79 & 80 were the Morrills  ClapClapClap

After them we got a young couple and then (lastly) a family of 3 -

So 85 total Big%20smileClapThumbs%20Up

The last family left exactly at 5PM  - no one since, so I guess we are done...

If anyone wants to make an "after hours" visit, we'll be home!

766-4873

Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile

Edited by carlso63 - September 06 2008 at 7:15pm
- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 7:23pm
Sweet Bob!!!!!! The Idaho crowd just left and we finished out at about 68.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 7:26pm
Interestingly enough, it seems that the homes that were (geographically) the closest together got the least foot traffic...?

Also, quite a few visitors remarked that they got wind of the Tour via those KSL ads, and only about a dozen of the people who came to my home were WMAS members..

The furthest one who came from south of me was John Hill (Spanish Fork); The Morrills (WVC) were the furthest from north of here; and Jason (DFOprah) and his family were furthest away total coming all the way from Tooele Clap

Edited by carlso63 - September 06 2008 at 7:30pm

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by chastings chastings wrote:

I had a great day!  Probably only about 20-25 people, but I really enjoyed it.  Thanks to everyone that made the rounds.
-Charlie

Charlie- I really love your attitude.  Spending time talking to other hobbyists is what its all about.  Sometimes we forget that.

Adam
Eventine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eventine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 7:37pm
I thought today was awesome. We got like 25 people but we were able to sit down and chat and really have a relaxing, fun day and got to meet lots of cool people. Of the people that came only two of them were people we already knew, most of them were just getting started and were looking for help. I even think we convinced two of the families to join the club Big%20smile.
CrimsRayne's offical water mule

West Jordan
griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 7:49pm
We ended with 49 people and a few kids from the hood.
Slow in the am - busy from 3-5:30 p.m.

It was a good day overall, many club members came over and some people interested in setting up a tank had a million Qs.

That's what it's all about Wink

Linn

BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 7:55pm
Our biggest crush was from 10 - noon... at one point I had 17 people in my Living RoomShocked

But it is kind of nice when they come only a few at a time...

Plus, I had 3 people bring cameras, and take pics... and 1 guy brought a notebook to take notesTongue!

Edited by carlso63 - September 06 2008 at 7:56pm

dew2loud1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dew2loud1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 7:55pm
Sounds like everyone had a great time and hopefully a lot of newcomers learned a lot and became hooked on the hobby!

On a side note if anyone is interested in seeing our setup or organizing a southern utah reef tour, let us know any time.
congrats everyone!
DeepFriedOprah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepFriedOprah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 10:30pm
Bob,

Did the Idaho crowd not make it to your place? I went to Suzy's after your place and they were there. Seems like a long way to drive and not stop by your place when they were so close Confused.
"So, Just right in half? I have a very large one, Like 4" that I would like to frag, as well as a few smaller ones"
Cameron
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 10:36pm
I'm really pleased with all the comments here.  I think you have all shown how great this club is and what good we can do.

Adam
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by DeepFriedOprah DeepFriedOprah wrote:

Bob,

Did the Idaho crowd not make it to your place? I went to Suzy's after your place and they were there. Seems like a long way to drive and not stop by your place when they were so close Confused.

Nope... but that's OK, I had so many people I really can't complain  Big%20smile

Although it does seem odd to drive the 230 - 240 miles each way from Idaho Falls to Suzy's... but not go an extra 9 - 10 miles to my place Ermm

I guess that can be next years goal?

Wink

Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 11:54pm
Check this out!!

We served 14 hot dogs, 2 dozen donuts, 3 gallons of punch/chocolate milk, 2 bags of salt water taffy, and a plate of Adams Awesome danishes.

fist year we tried providing lunch......and I think we will do it again next year.
Thanks AdamWink
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic