Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Name Tag's "Paid Member"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
DeepFriedOprah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepFriedOprah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Name Tag's "Paid Member"
    Posted: June 12 2008 at 11:17pm
Maybe this has been tried before, but I would not mind paying a couple bucks to get a name tag to wear at the meetings that has my username and real name. I want to meet people that post on the board. It has helped me to meet the Presidency members but it's a little difficult with the regular people.
"So, Just right in half? I have a very large one, Like 4" that I would like to frag, as well as a few smaller ones"
Cameron
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2008 at 11:19pm
We used to have those "Hello my name is... " stickers at each meeting.  Maybe we should get more of those.

DebBig%20smile

Yes Mikey...I still have fins!!!
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2008 at 1:42am
Originally posted by frednwilma1999 frednwilma1999 wrote:

We used to have those "Hello my name is... " stickers at each meeting.  Maybe we should get more of those.

DebBig%20smile

Yes we should!
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2008 at 7:08am
Originally posted by DeepFriedOprah DeepFriedOprah wrote:

It has helped me to meet the Presidency members but it's a little difficult with the regular people.

I always knew that Presidency members were strange. Now I have a witness!

I agree we should get paper nametags for the meetings again.

Mike

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2008 at 8:33am
Agreed- I'd make that part of the greeter job duties... to make sure everyone gets a nametag when they come through the door.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
KludgeGuru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KludgeGuru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2008 at 8:49am
You could create a template that members could download and type in their own information.  Then they could print them from home and bring them to the meeting.  It would look more official and easier to read then someones writing.

Maybe have two templates...one in the paid members forum and the other in the "guest" forum so only paid members could use the official paid member name tag.

-Rocks
sukie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2008 at 9:21am
This is what I do. . if I'm looking for someone I go ask Mike Savage - he knows everyone!!LOL
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2008 at 10:44am
Originally posted by sukie sukie wrote:

This is what I do. . if I'm looking for someone I go ask Mike Savage - he knows everyone!!LOL

How funny...that's what I do.  I think I have done that at just about every meeting.

DebBig%20smile
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2008 at 12:20pm
I get asked that question frequently at the meetings.Embarrassed

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepFriedOprah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2008 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by sukie sukie wrote:

Please take a numberLOL
"So, Just right in half? I have a very large one, Like 4" that I would like to frag, as well as a few smaller ones"
Cameron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepFriedOprah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2008 at 3:29pm
A generic nametag with a label maker would do the trick.
Cameron
bbeck4x4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbeck4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2008 at 8:42pm
what if they were laser etched?
Family Portraits /Google trusted Photographer for Google Maps for Businesses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepFriedOprah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2008 at 10:30pm
I would prefer that, I was just thinking that things might happen with the least amount of work possible. Maybe we should see how many others would like to do this.
Cameron
Toshokya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toshokya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2008 at 7:58am
I put this up a while ago to help get to know each other a little better, but hasn't gone as well as I hoped.
http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26254
MrViper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2008 at 12:39pm
This my suggestion I sent to Mike after the frag fest.    It would be nice to do introductions at the beginning.  All members of the presidency introduce themselves so we can put a face with the name, especially for us new people.  Also for the people in the audience to stand and introduce them selves.  There user names and real names, etc...
Just a suggestion

Al
Vipers look cool at a distant, but be careful of the bite..its a killer!

Still to many cool stuff not enough money
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2008 at 1:07pm
It would take quite a bit of time to have everyone introduce themselves but I agree that we should introduce the presidency and have the sticker nametags or we could sell nametags in the WMAS store for those people that want them.

DebBig%20smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepFriedOprah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2008 at 8:09pm
I prefer selling name tags in the store!
Cameron
Seth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2008 at 4:02pm
i like that idea, just doesnt sound likly
75gal sps dominated reef.
Bigger and better coming soon
Cameron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2008 at 12:31am
Name tags=great idea
[COLOR="Red"](801)664-4240

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 12:55pm
Thanks for the suggestion and inputs.  We have looked into the possibility of selling Paid Member engraved nametags, and are happy to report that YES these will be available.

I'll have an example nametag to show at the meeting, and there will be a sign up list for all who are interested. 

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic