Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mushroom pricing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chk4tix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chk4tix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mushroom pricing?
    Posted: May 19 2008 at 11:28pm
I am getting ready to frag some of mushrooms that  have and I was wondering how everyone decides their prices when selling these.  The prices listed on liveaquaria.com seem a bit high to me.  This is not currently a list for these items for sale, since I still need to  decide how many of each I will be harvesting.  Thanks in advance for your help

I dont currently have pictures of mushrooms in my tank however, however here are some pics of the types I haver from liveaquaria.com
bullseye mushroom

Green striped mushroom

Fuzzy Green mushrooms (recordia?)

Original Crappy Reef Club Member #2

cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 11:49pm
the third ones are just hairy mushrooms... i dunno its up to you. depending on how large they are.. anywhere from 2-5 a polyp. if they are an extremely large one i charge more.
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
dew2loud1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dew2loud1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 10:51am

I'd say 5-10 on common hairy mushrooms, up to 20 on some of the rarer stuff, couple bucks on common discosoma, the green stripe watermelon pictured often goes for more, and if you have any crazy colored ones or "superman" etc ones they go for much higher.  Pet store prices are always really really high on mushrooms.  But we started out paying those high prices, so ask what you feel they are worth.

MrViper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 4:36pm
I would be very interested in some of the muhrooms.  I think they are real cool looking.  Especially the one in pic 3
Vipers look cool at a distant, but be careful of the bite..its a killer!

Still to many cool stuff not enough money
chk4tix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chk4tix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 8:25pm
I was going to take some pics of the mushrooms in my tank today, but of course my battery was dead.  I will try to have some pics up tomorrow or the next day so that I can make sure they are properly identified before I start selling them
Original Crappy Reef Club Member #2

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic