Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tank pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tank pictures
    Posted: May 17 2008 at 12:30am
Trying to do better with the new camera, but still look fuzzy to me.  My tank is doing great, but the pix aren't crisp.

335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
SSpargur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSpargur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2008 at 12:51am

Very nice Brad!

Sean Spargur
West Valley, UT
Jeff Morrill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Morrill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2008 at 12:54am
Thumbs%20Up
WHAT KINDA GUM????... Give em 2 sticks.
RockStarFish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RockStarFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2008 at 1:26am
Always amazing Brad
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2008 at 9:22am
Beautiful!

Mike

tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2008 at 9:48am
Thanks guys.  It's amazing to me that you cant always tell how your animals and fish in your tank change over the months, but looking back at pictures from the first of the year one fish really stands out, my flame wrasse has really matured and taken on amazing color.
From this taken on Jan 21st

To this gorgeouse supermale
335G Reef
TOTM.

&
Corey Price View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2008 at 11:05am
Blurry? I guess my eyes can't see what you're talking about. Looks great, Brad!
soundsurfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2008 at 11:17am
I'm happy, it looks like your new Rhomboids haven't decided to jump ship like the other ones. Elegance is gorgeous.....just a beautiful tank all around.
bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2008 at 11:48am
Brad - Great tank shots. I can't wait to get a nice camera to do some shots with. My flame wrasse has really colored up too! I'll have to take some new shots. The tank looks awesome and as always captures our fascination. Thanks for sharing!
28g Cube

Beginners Guide to Saltwater Aquariums

Brandon in West Jordan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2008 at 10:53pm
I notice in these pictures that all of a sudden your corals have grown in and the tank matured. The tank didn't look this full in the last set of pictures to me.Clap

Mike

thathiep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thathiep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2008 at 10:59pm
It's even more amazing in person.  Thanks Brad for letting me stop by.
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2008 at 11:06pm
very nice!!!! since you have a new camera i would like your wrasse photo gallery with names ages and pictures ;)
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
bbeck4x4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbeck4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 8:00am
The pictures look great, Brad, if you switch to raw, there is a ton of tools there to help sharpen pictures, then save as a jpeg. I am fond of adobe camera raw, but there are really good tools in canon's digital photo professional that should have come with the camera.

if you use some tissue paper, over the pop up flash you can diffuse the light from it and it will help the glare.

Family Portraits /Google trusted Photographer for Google Maps for Businesses
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 8:20am
Originally posted by bbeck4x4 bbeck4x4 wrote:

The pictures look great, Brad, if you switch to raw, there is a ton of tools there to help sharpen pictures, then save as a jpeg. I am fond of adobe camera raw, but there are really good tools in canon's digital photo professional that should have come with the camera.

if you use some tissue paper, over the pop up flash you can diffuse the light from it and it will help the glare.

Thanks Brian, I will try that, its been tough trying to take a picture without that big flash spot in it.

335G Reef
TOTM.

&
bbeck4x4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbeck4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 8:46am
for starting out try the "P" mode then the camera flash will not pop up unless you want it to, also for now try the raw+jpeg mode, it will eat more memory card each shot but is helpful while learning about the raw format.

Raw is the digital equivalent of a film negative, very useful to have the un-camera edited version. It is extremly useful for color balance issues that we face with our tank photos.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 9:14am
Hmmm . . . I might have to try raw one of these days and see if it makes much difference.

Mike

bbeck4x4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbeck4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 9:18am
for one thing you get all of the options that were available in camera at the time that you pressed the shutter.

exposure, color balance, sharpening, etc.

jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by bbeck4x4 bbeck4x4 wrote:

Where is the adobe camera raw?  In photoshop?  Will it handle the Nikon RAW?  I have been taking my shots in RAW but am tired already of having to go through the Nikon program to get to photoshop.

BTW Brad, I Love your tank.  I have got to get down that way to come and see it and your setup!
bbeck4x4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbeck4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 1:16pm
I know that photoshop will handle the Nikon raw file type, but beyond that I only know the specifics of the canon system sorry.

you may just need to download the adobe plugin for the Nikon raw file type, Adobe will have most all of them already, the only reason would be if you have a version of photoshop that was created before your camera.

jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 1:48pm
Hmm, How do you open the files?  Do they need to be imported or opened in a certain way?  I tried the manual, the help in the program and just opening the files, nothing seems to work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic