Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASM Skimmer Mods?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASM Skimmer Mods?
    Posted: March 06 2008 at 8:34am
Looking for any feed back from people who have moded there asm. I am considering doing the recirculation mod.
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2008 at 8:37am
we have a g4x that has a recirc mod. I never used it before it had it and couldnt tell you. this was posted on our ohio forum a week ago and it seemed everyone had good things to say about it. lots more bubbles!
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
Lyscer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyscer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2008 at 9:20am
I did the overflow mod and the the recirc mod to my asm G4 and it made a world of difference. I did the overflow mod so I wouldn't have to purchase a second pump for feed. It produces the same amount of skimmate in 1 week that it would have done in 1 month.
dew2loud1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dew2loud1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2008 at 9:36am
meshmod!! too, the sedra pumps need it imo, our g4x is recirc/meshmodded, overflow fed and has the gate valve mod done, I also have a g6 where two of the pumps have been recirc modded, and I use the third pump for a feed pump, it also has the gate valve mod done, mesh really helps the sedra out, I think stock a 9000 pulls about 10ish scfh, pretty weak, the one on my g4x recirc/meshmodded is pulling about 19 or so, does well for that skimmer.
Wade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 11:44pm

From what I have read more fine bubbles is (are?) best, and then more contact time is the next best thing. So, if you only do one ASM mod do the mesh mod (it's also the easiest one to do). Then, do the recirc mod if you want to keep going.

fj40fax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fj40fax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 12:32am
I still have mesh too.
Fax 318-3632
90g 2x250W 14kK MH
Sump, Fuge, G3, UV, O3, ACIII
Pleasant Grove, UT Across State Street from the Purple Turtle
Adjustments and Massages for Frags!
weebz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weebz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 5:43am
Sorry to jump in on this topic but is there a sight anyone can reccomend on these mods?
bbeck4x4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbeck4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:20am
with out the mesh mod on a g4x orp was at best 340, with the mesh mod, and 4 weeks later, orp consistently in the 380-410 range.

bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 3:47pm
Does anyone know of good euroreef mods or have one they've modded?
28g Cube

Beginners Guide to Saltwater Aquariums

Brandon in West Jordan
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 8:04am
Originally posted by weebz weebz wrote:

Sorry to jump in on this topic but is there a sight anyone can reccomend on these mods?

asm mods
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic