Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Should I keep it?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kdinkel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdinkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I keep it?
    Posted: February 01 2008 at 9:21am
I picked up a great mushroom rock with tons of coraline, featherdusters, and mushrooms.  I was told that it might have bristleworm (not a bad thing I am told) and rock anenomies (I thought looked cool).  I am now finding out that the rock anenomies may not be a good thing, and I noticed an odd looking black worm (all black with tenacles for a head.  about 3/4").  I know I can (and should have) soak the rock in lugol's, but that will most likley kill the featherdusters, and not do anything to the rock anenomies.  Since most of the rock in my tank is still pretty new it appears everything (I know appearances can be decieving) is stay on that one rock right now.  Am I better off removing the rock, or should I try to treat the problems?
sukie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2008 at 9:33am
If you remove the rock will the worm follow? 

Also I would just try to Joe Juice each anemone. . . you can keep those under control and even eliminate it.
kdinkel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdinkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2008 at 9:45am

I believe everything will stay in the rock if I remove it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic