Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jpndave's Cube - New Pics 19 May 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2008 at 10:39pm
Poor thing is starving to deathLOL
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2008 at 10:55pm
I can see it now. Beautiful Jawfish!

Mike

jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2008 at 11:00pm
New Rockwork,  Opinions?  Better before or after?

Old Rockwork

jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2008 at 11:02pm
Fire and Ice Zoas, Eagle Eyes and some others.

Edited by jpndave - March 01 2008 at 11:59pm
jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2008 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by dustponds10 dustponds10 wrote:

pictures didnt work for me Cry

Sorry, they were done on Photobucket.  Let me know if it doesn't work.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2008 at 11:08pm
I can see them fine. I like those full tank shots.

Mike

jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2008 at 11:11pm
What is this?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2008 at 11:23pm
I don't know what it is. Does it move?

Mike

jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2008 at 11:00am
It looks like some kind of clam.  The back side follows the contours of the rock and is attached to the rock.  It does open an close like a clam and is sensitive to light changes.  It will close up if something changes the light.  It doesn't move from where it is but does open and close.  It is actually a very pretty pearly white color with the black spots.   I would guess some kind of clam but I'm not sure what kind or where to look to find out.  It is not in my Calfo "Reef Invertebrates" book that I could find.
jbutler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2008 at 12:21pm
Looking really good Dave. Glad to see the the frags you got from me are doing well. Did you loose the Garf Bonsai? If you did, I'll hook you up with another frag. That one is a must have.
jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2008 at 5:06pm
The jury is still out on the Bonsai.  I fragged and dipped.  The base is gone.  I have a small part of the tip that hasn't completely rtn yet.  Fingers crossed.  It is by far my favorite acropora.  Like you said, it is a must have.  I would love another frag of "armegeddon" and the "sunset monti" if you have any.  They didn't make it either.  I need to come visit you again to get a few more frags....  Any suggestions?Big%20smile  I am really liking the sps much more now.  I'll keep a few of the really high end zoas and the other special pieces but want to get more of the acros and montis. 

The spidermans are really coloring up nicely now under better lighting.  I think I need to add actinics to really get that acan of yours I got a frag fest to "pop".  I'll post some pics of it.

Do you think the tail spot blenn will do ok with the other occupants of the tank?  Pearly Jawfish, Yasha goby/pistol, Green Mandarin, Helfrichi, True perc Clownfish pair?
jbutler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2008 at 5:29pm
Dave,
I hope the Bonsai makes it as well. If not, no big deal. I've got another frag for you. I've also got some more armageddons. My sunset colony went south on me, but I was able to save a nice sized frag of it. It may be a while before it's ready, but I'll put you first on the list.   I do have some rainbow montipora that I think you'd like.
The tail spot would be a great addition to your tank. They've got a ton of personality and should get along well with your other tank mates.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2008 at 6:36pm
The Tailspot Blenny is one of my favorites! My Percula clowns got territorial in my 34g cube and killed him though. The clowns are now gone so I need to get another one.

Mike

jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2008 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by jbutler jbutler wrote:

Dave,
I hope the Bonsai makes it as well. If not, no big deal. I've got another frag for you. I've also got some more armageddons. My sunset colony went south on me, but I was able to save a nice sized frag of it. It may be a while before it's ready, but I'll put you first on the list.   I do have some rainbow montipora that I think you'd like.
The tail spot would be a great addition to your tank. They've got a ton of personality and should get along well with your other tank mates.

I got a piece of what I thought was "Pokerstar" from you.  There is a picture of it here in this thread.  Is this the same coral as the rainbow or do you have both? 

What other nice acropora do you have?

I think I will get a Tail Spot.  Where did you get yours?  I asked for one in several of the LFS and just got puzzled looks.  Also, where do they typically "Hang Out" in the tank.  I am trying to plan this out so everyone has their own territory/space.  The Jawfish-bottom right front, Yasha-bottom left front, Mandarin-hovering over/in live rock, Helfrichi upper front, clowns, upper back.  That was the general idea anyway.

Edited by jpndave - January 27 2008 at 8:48pm
jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2008 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Mike Savage Mike Savage wrote:

The Tailspot Blenny is one of my favorites! My Percula clowns got territorial in my 34g cube and killed him though. The clowns are now gone so I need to get another one.

Mike

Ya, that is what has me worried.  I remember reading that on Jared's thread.  I am a little concerned.  Maybe if I put the Blenny in first then get some really small Percs, everyone will get along?  All of the fish I am putting in here are pretty passive aren't they?  The percs would probably be the most aggressive.

Edited by jpndave - January 27 2008 at 8:53pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2008 at 9:29pm

Mine got along fine for a month or so then all at once the Perculas got territorial. I had them for about 2 1/2 years with no problems. After the first two days my Tailspot was always out in the open and seldom on the sand. Frequently he was in the middle to top of the tank.

Mike

jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2008 at 12:33am
Wow Mike that picture is awesome!  I really need to get one of these little guys!   Thanks for sharing the photo.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2008 at 8:21am

Thanks. They are beautiful fish. You can even see his teeth! Did you notice the spotted pattern around the back of his eye and jawline?

Mike

jbutler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2008 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by jpndave jpndave wrote:

Dave, I hope the Bonsai makes it as well. If not, no big deal. I've got another frag for you. I've also got some more armageddons. My sunset colony went south on me, but I was able to save a nice sized frag of it. It may be a while before it's ready, but I'll put you first on the list.   I do have some rainbow montipora that I think you'd like. The tail spot would be a great addition to your tank. They've got a ton of personality and should get along well with your other tank mates.

I got a piece of what I thought was "Pokerstar" from you.  There is a picture of it here in this thread.  Is this the same coral as the rainbow or do you have both? 

What other nice acropora do you have?

I think I will get a Tail Spot.  Where did you get yours?  I asked for one in several of the LFS and just got puzzled looks.  Also, where do they typically "Hang Out" in the tank.  I am trying to plan this out so everyone has their own territory/space.  The Jawfish-bottom right front, Yasha-bottom left front, Mandarin-hovering over/in live rock, Helfrichi upper front, clowns, upper back.  That was the general idea anyway.

Ya, I saw the picture of the pokerstar. Looks like it's doing really well. The pokerstar will develope orange polyps with the new growth. The rainbow is different. It has orange, yellow and green polyps and the body is a deeper blue. I recently took out most of my sps colonies from my tank. I'm getting ready to redo it. I still have a bunch that I kept though. One that comes to mind is the Shawn Bennett yellow tort. I think you'd like that one. You'll have to come visit again sometime soon!

Jared
jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2008 at 4:10pm

Ya, I saw the picture of the pokerstar. Looks like it's doing really well. The pokerstar will develope orange polyps with the new growth. The rainbow is different. It has orange, yellow and green polyps and the body is a deeper blue. I recently took out most of my sps colonies from my tank. I'm getting ready to redo it. I still have a bunch that I kept though. One that comes to mind is the Shawn Bennett yellow tort. I think you'd like that one. You'll have to come visit again sometime soon!

Jared

Yes, I need to visit again.    What is the coral in you avatar? 

Is this the Shawn Bennett Yellow Tort?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic