Utah Reefs Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 200 Plus Gallon put together thread!*update 5/11*
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

200 Plus Gallon put together thread!*update 5/11*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 7:51pm
We put a 400w radium 20k above it to see how it would look. we are planning on doing two 400w halides along with a couple T5 HO actinics.
front view
front right corner
right side

I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 7:57pm
left side
orange shoulder hanging out in his temporary home =)
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 10:04pm
some pictures with the skinning almost complete. we are holding the boards on with industrial velcro. so everything is removeable and you can access under the stand. i think we are going to put some fake doors on the front with handles to break up the space
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 10:07pm
working late on christmas eve while everyone else is all tucked up in bed waiting for santa!!!
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 10:10pm
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
shakin06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakin06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 10:24pm
Very nice setup!
72 Bow ASM G2 Oceanic1 mag 9.5
TEK 8 bulb T5HO
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 10:37pm
the infamous cavern!!! it looks a lot like utah.
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 10:42pm
Looking good. ( But I think you forgot the sandWink)
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 10:55pm
there wont be any!!! not in the display at least. this if my first bare bottom Embarrassed tank, and hopefully it works out. I've seen many very successful tanks with no sand at all. this is also my first acrylic tank (which im NOT fond of other than the weight of it!) and i though by not having any sand in the display it would help me to not scratch the sides as much.

we'll see how it works out. in the refugium we have about 4 inches of sand. I'll get a pic up of that as soon as we get it going
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 11:11pm
The stand is looking good. You have been working hard on this. I'll be interested to know how the bare bottom tank works out for you.

Mike

cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Mike Savage Mike Savage wrote:

The stand is looking good. You have been working hard on this. I'll be interested to know how the bare bottom tank works out for you.

Mike
i'm actually pretty interested myself. I really like sand. the look of it the filtration. etc etc etc. i'm not going completely sandless since the refugium will have some, but after doing a lot of research on reefcentral of large reeftanks it seems they arent really a problem. there are quite a few sps reefs that have no sand at all. the main reason we put it in the refugium was for a buffer for the water. As of today we had ammonia of .25 and nitrates at 10. seems to be doing a cycle which was expected with so much new rock.

for the lighting we have decided on lumenbright reflectors. we are going to have two 400w on the system. I want to do a canopy and kyle does not. I'm thinking open top and open back, but sides that open outward on all sides for access to the tank. we'll see how possible this is as i wont be able to remove the canopy if need be as it will be too high and too heavy. we'll see. kyle's thinking more towards hanging the lighting from the ceiling. which i don't want to do b/c we rent. its bad enough we have two fish tanks of almost 500 gallons two ferrets and two dogs :) i'm going to start charging admission to the zoo!
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2007 at 1:25am
Admission could help fund the zoo!Thumbs%20Up

Mike

cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2008 at 11:17pm
well here is the update. we are finishing up staining the canopy. it is pretty much going to touch the ceiling. two lumenbrights should be in my this weekend which will house 2x400w radium 20k's. we should also have the mesh this weekend. 1/4 inch so no wrasses can escape! currently in the tank are 3 chromis', a pair of pink skunks, a cleaner wrasse, and about 500 heads of frogspawn (no joke) i'll get a picture up soon

here is a link to the reflectors we are using
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2008 at 11:47pm
torch stings!!!!
Lubbock's
Temenicki
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2008 at 11:52pm
Keep away from the torch!

Mike

cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2008 at 11:55pm
canopy
closeup of the sweet frogspawn
the biggest colony. this colony is still a little over 80 heads, and we broke off 20 + when we moved it.
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2008 at 11:58pm
You weren't joking at all.  That is awesome!  Post a pic later of it expanding fully, please.

Great setup!
If you can't bedazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bs!
Dinhkim Le - Procrastinator extra-ordinare
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2008 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Mike Savage Mike Savage wrote:

Keep away from the torch!

Mike

ya know i've heard that they will sting ppl. I had it touching my skin for a good 4 minutes or so when i was trying to situate it in the rock. about 5 minutes later i had an intense burning/itching and had to go wash my arm off. it was covered in torch slime, and really freaked me out!
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2008 at 12:02am
all of the colonies in the tank. no lights
the cutest skunk clowns ever
the fish holding tank
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2008 at 12:05am
here they are in the tank we got them from fully opened. i dont have a pic of them open at teh moment. the tank they are in is a 350 gallon in the pic
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic