Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My purple tipped Aussie elegance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
ReefBones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2007 at 1:06pm
Thats awesome! I am glad to see that this one is MUCH healthier ... VERY nice coral!
140 gallon Reef
65 gallon Reef
55 gallon Aggressive

www.thesalttank.com

801-865-6074

"encourage other divers and sea enthusiasts to take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but bubbles"
Cody Pearce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Pearce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2007 at 1:54pm
I saw an elegance at the aquarium yesterday that looked good.  If anyone goes there today and sees it is still there could you post on how it is doing?
90 gallon mixed reef
My fish swim naked.
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2007 at 2:08pm
It looked pretty good to me yesterday too. I can't afford to go back today. LOL

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Pearce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2007 at 6:53pm
Doing well so far.

90 gallon mixed reef
My fish swim naked.
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2007 at 6:59pm
I saw it today. It looked alright but not much extension, nothing like yours.
I talked to Shawn @ Aquatica yesterday and he is thinking of bringing in an aussie shipment of some real high end stuff, elegance included, he just doesnt know if he spends that kind of money if he can turn around and sell it all. There's just not that many crazy people like me around. LOL
I told him, I'm in!!
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2007 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by tileman tileman wrote:

I talked to Shawn @ Aquatica yesterday and he is thinking of bringing in an aussie shipment of some real high end stuff, elegance included, he just doesnt know if he spends that kind of money if he can turn around and sell it all. There's just not that many crazy people like me around. LOL
I told him, I'm in!!

Ha.  Shawn told me the same thing and I was like, "well, I am sure Brad will be in".
If you can't bedazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bs!
Dinhkim Le - Procrastinator extra-ordinare
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2007 at 7:04pm
I guess it's me and you !!LOL

Edited by tileman - November 01 2007 at 7:05pm
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
jbutler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2007 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by tileman tileman wrote:

I told him, I'm in!!

Interesting.  I'd be curious to see if he could move the stuff.  We've sold only a handful of "Aussie" frags locally. Most of it is shipped out of state. Just too expensive for most people around here. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Pearce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2007 at 4:19pm
It is interesting that we have such a large club here and yet very few are into the high end stuff.

90 gallon mixed reef
My fish swim naked.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2007 at 5:13pm
I was having that same conversation with one of the LFS this morning!

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Pearce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2007 at 4:34pm
Still doing well and has two mouths now.

90 gallon mixed reef
My fish swim naked.
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2007 at 4:38pm
yay!!!!
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2007 at 4:51pm
It does look like it is doing well.Clap

Mike

dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2007 at 8:58am
Nice!  So do you spot feed it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Pearce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2007 at 10:22am
I've only spot fed it twice.  The second time my serpent star came and started grabbing the food.  If you notice a few of the tentacles are damaged because of the serpent star.
90 gallon mixed reef
My fish swim naked.
dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2007 at 8:27pm

How did the serpent star damage the elegance tentacles?

Is it the time then to exile the serpent star? (these guys freak me out big timeLOL)

Danner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2007 at 10:49pm
you might have to although the serpent is one of the best clean up crews you can get. but man that aussie is the ****
very pretty i dont know the serpent star might lose on this battle :P but man you might be rich here when it splits and if it has 2 mouths right now then it shouldnt be far away. im sure someone will want it in the club hehe just have them all get in a big mud pit and the one to escape with their lives get the chance to buy it. and if you decide to do it please let me know i wanna watch.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Pearce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2007 at 12:41am
The serpent curled its tentacle around the elegances tentacles and started to pull (as the elegances tentacles had grabbed a bunch of mysis).  I had to get in there and separate the two, which damaged the elegance.  I'm not to worried about it happening again as the serpent also took a beating from me lol.  I'm not sure how big I'm going to let it get before fragging.  I'd like to let it get really big, but space is really limited for it right now.
90 gallon mixed reef
My fish swim naked.
Zeppelin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeppelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2008 at 7:23am
Hey Cody

Just checking in on the elegance frag.  Looks like it is doing well. 

Larry
PEACE......from Zeppelin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2008 at 7:51am
Welcome Zeppelin!

Mike

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic