Utah Reefs Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Phoenix - Rising fr the ashes (new pics 01/18)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Phoenix - Rising fr the ashes (new pics 01/18)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
Lyscer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyscer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 10:19pm
sweet, put me down for one. I would love to come see your tank too Big%20smile

Edited by Lyscer - September 24 2007 at 10:19pm
hairmonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by dkle dkle wrote:

Fax,

I use the first two sizes (5-50 and 50-100 micro).  I feed everyday, a pinch of each.

Hairmonkey, you got it.  I'll contact you when the frags are ready.  They will be 5-10 polyps.
sweet! thanks
"Logic is your friend"
west side salon 250-5314
8370w 3500s magna.
Tyrosinase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyrosinase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 11:29pm
Dinhkim,

Would you also put me on your list for a frag of the clove polyps?  I absolutely love the look of them.

-Alonzo
ReefBones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 11:47pm
also put me down for a frag of the clove :) ...

140 gallon Reef
65 gallon Reef
55 gallon Aggressive

www.thesalttank.com

801-865-6074

"encourage other divers and sea enthusiasts to take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but bubbles"
JS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 12:29am
I will take a frag of the clove polyps also. Along with a frag of anything else you are thinking of fragging! Awesome tank!
Be careful who watches your tank! http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27846
thathiep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thathiep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 5:06pm
Cool, put me down for one.  If they're all taken, I'll still love to come over check out your new setup. 
Thanks
Duy
dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 5:32pm
All names have been written down.  As I said, it's gonna take a month or two.  I'll PM you guys when they are available.

If you can't bedazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bs!
Dinhkim Le - Procrastinator extra-ordinare
TriggerHappy View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 6:05pm
Dinhkim...please add me to the list whenever you frag...anything! Smile  Your collection is most impressive!

210 gallon Mixed Reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyrosinase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 10:23pm
Thanks Dinhkim.
dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 11:24pm
Bright green hammer coral.  It is too bad that I could never find a branching hammer that has good color AND polyp shape.  Only wall hammers deliver.

A better pic of the coco worm

I turned off all pumps just to get a pic of the clove polyps all opened up.  Still not quite successful.  I think this guy will be spectacular in a low flow tank where it has a chance to open up to its full potentials

Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2007 at 5:46am
I love that wall hammer!

Mike

Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2007 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Mike Savage Mike Savage wrote:

I love that wall hammer!

Mike

Me too!  All of these pictures are amazing.  Keep them coming.

DebTongue
Yes Mikey...I still have fins!!!
Deep Pitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deep Pitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2007 at 12:00pm

Add me to your ever-growing clove polyp list. I hope the coral grows as fast as this list.

John

SLC (S. Jordan)

200 Gal Reef

dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2007 at 7:40pm
Thanks for those who expressed interest in the clove polyps.  I don't think there will be enough frags in two months; but be patient please.  It looks like I might be able to recuperate the cost after all.

I bet you all thought that I ran out of corals to take pics.  Well, you're wrongLOL

Blue with green polyps A.vermiculata.  The green polyps are coming out more and more, creating a stunning contrast

I run out of adjectives to describe how blue this A.millepora is.  I searched for quite some times before acquiring this piece.  It came at a premium price but is well worth it.

Very unique deepwater acro, likely A.lokani.  Hopefully the blue will extend more from the tips down the branches.  GEEEEEETTTT BLUUUUUERRRR!

This is my third A.gomezi.  It has a teal blue color.  I love these guys

Baby blue A.formosa.  The color is very hard to get right.  It is way prettier in person

This doesn't look like much now; but this is the blue A.formosa, AKA blue slimer.  I think it's gonna look spectacular once grown out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyrosinase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2007 at 9:24pm
Dinhkim,

I just love your pcitures.  If you have more, keep them coming.
Cody Pearce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Pearce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2007 at 5:12pm
Dang Dinhkim thats a sweet tank.  Sign me up for whenever or whatever you frag.  Where are you buying them?

Cody
90 gallon mixed reef
My fish swim naked.
dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2007 at 5:32pm

Thanks Cody!  I posted the list of my favorite coral vendors a few posts back.  I still owe you the full tank shot I think.  It will happen I promise.

If you don't mind me asking, I think you went barebottom a few year back; but your new pictures showed that you currently have a pretty deep sandbed.  What made you switch in the first place and then back?

Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2007 at 5:49pm
Those Milleporas are sweet!

Mike

bannshy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2007 at 7:09pm
if there is still room add me to the clove polyps list
Cody Pearce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Pearce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2007 at 9:56pm
I went barebottom way back when it was the "rave" on reefcentral to try it, but also because I had just gotten engaged and figured it would be easier to move the tank in 6months without a sand bed.  I noticed that my corals did not adjust to it too well; however, the main reason I now have a shallow sand bed is because I think that barebottom tanks are ugly.  Its one of those things you don't notice when its there but really notice when its not.  The sand for me is one of those calming parts of my tank as if I'm in some tropical beach.  I really don't think much would change if I went barebottom except maybe better color in some of my acros, yet some of my lps do much better on a sand bed.  I have read much of the debate and see good points to either side and see it as go with what you like.
90 gallon mixed reef
My fish swim naked.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
  Share Topic