Utah Reefs Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Phoenix - Rising fr the ashes (new pics 01/18)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Phoenix - Rising fr the ashes (new pics 01/18)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
thathiep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thathiep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2008 at 3:31am
Beautiful as always.  Making me wanna come over againBig%20smile
dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 10:42pm
Just a few more

Deepwater acro

Spectacular A.tenuis from Ewald's reef.  The pic doesn't do it justice

Another tenuis

Acropora granulosa

Unknown acro, very funky looking

If you can't bedazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bs!
Dinhkim Le - Procrastinator extra-ordinare
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 11:03pm
Nice!

Mike

jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2008 at 1:33am
Absolutely stunning as usual!
jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2008 at 1:40am
Spectacular A.tenuis from Ewald's reef.  The pic doesn't do it justice

I LOVE this piece.  I am going to have to get a frag of this from Ewald's!  When I first started getting into the whole reef thing, I came across a tenuis and I have wanted one since then.  I really like the way they look and have been searching for an outstanding variety.  I think this is it.  I may still need another one (or more).  But this is definately a must have!
chris.rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2008 at 12:17pm
Unreal, Dinhkim.  Absolutely unreal.
Ils sont fous, ces Romains!
jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2008 at 11:39pm
I just visited Dinhkim and saw his tank for the first time.  I must say, simply amazing.Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up   It is even better in person if you can believe that.  I really enjoyed our visit and learned a lot too.  The clarity of his water is superb!  I now have something to aspire too.  Thanks for having us over tonight.
dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2008 at 11:45pm
You're making me blush, Dave.  It was very nice meeting you and your son.  I enjoyed the talk a lot.  It is always nice to have somebody agree with you that SPS rules, and everything else is crap!!!LOL.  Ok I exaggerated a bit...  I can't wait to see the frags that you will be getting.
jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2008 at 12:12am
Ozone, I need ozone!  I sent a pm with the links I could remember.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2008 at 8:23am
Yeah, Dinhkim's tank definitely rocks!

Mike

dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2008 at 10:34pm
Even though I already have a green birdnest, it's not green enough for me.  So I got myself an ORA piece this time.  This guy is bright green, hopefully will be as spectacular as my old green birdnest when grown out

I have Cody to thank for the orange lobophyllia and orange and blue symphyllia.  He called to my attention a thread on RC that showcased them.  These guys are just spectacular.   I am quite smitten.  Here are the new pics that I took of them

Orange lobo with teal center and pink dots

Orange and blue symphyllia.  This guy is something else.  I really hope that it do well in my tank.  Does anybody know if it is gonna be fine without target feeding?  It only polyps out at night, when the shrimps are on patrol.  Any morsels of food that I tried to feed it were confiscated by the brazen shrimps.

My bright green wall hammer

I also bought an Aussie wall hammer with very nice polyp shape; but has purple polyp tips and green polyp body.   It came to me in ice cold water; but is doing better.  Once the color gets better, I'll take a pic.  Stay tunedBig%20smile
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2008 at 10:40pm
all i gotta say is. when you start fragging. You better give me a call! Very beautiful
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2008 at 12:21am
Gorgeous as always. I like that Wall Hammer and the ORA Green Birdsnest.Clap

Mike

jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2008 at 1:10am

Great pics Dinhkim I always look forward to your updates!  That hammer is really amazing in person and that photo is just awesome!

I can't believe the difference between the polyps on the two types of hammers.  I am definately going to have to get a wall.  Yours is really nice.

jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2008 at 1:12am
That birdnest is way nicer in person.  The photo just doesn't capture the depth and intensity also.  The photo is great, the piece is spectacular!
Cody Pearce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Pearce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2008 at 9:37pm
His new lobo is even more breath taking in person.  I can't wait to see the symphyllia.
90 gallon mixed reef
My fish swim naked.
dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2008 at 10:47pm
Thanks Dave, that birdnest really looks much brighter in person.

Cody, if I ever get up the nerve to frag the lobos and symphyllia, you will have first dibs!  You better save up money (J/KLOL).
Cody Pearce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Pearce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2008 at 8:12pm
How about I'll frag mine in front of you to show you how easy it is.  All you need is a diamond saw, tub, and a large healthy specimen.  Then we can go over to your place and have at it Wink, jk.
90 gallon mixed reef
My fish swim naked.
dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2008 at 10:31pm
Oh don't worry! You'll be my hired hand when I frag these guys.
jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2008 at 10:38pm
Oh, I have a whole list of frags I NEED from Dinhkim's tank!  I have a really nice diamond saw we can use too!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic