Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EagleEyez 125 new pix 04/08

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
EagleEyez5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EagleEyez 125 new pix 04/08
    Posted: August 08 2007 at 11:35pm
Ok now for the next project....we decided to buy a home instead of build...and had an offer accepted....this means two things......

My dream project of the 412 Gal will have to wait....

But my next project of the 120 gal will move forward.....

OK I have the plans somewhat established.....it will be a 72 inch long, which means i need one more pendant light 250 watt,{I already have two on my 48 in long}...
I have two 55gal tanks I will run end to end in the wet room, as the sump, refugium, and a 20 gal for the quarantine....
The house has a huge laundry room that will be a great wet room.....and right behind where I want to put the tank....there is a floor drain in the room, and I will be putting a sink in as well as an RO/DI unit with an auto top off......
The plan is to plumb through the wall into the wet room...after reading bob's near miss....I will run all the electrical though the wall as well and set the plugs above the sump....
I have to build the new stand.....and get the tank setup first....

First questions for all who feel like answering....

Should I set up a new system and let it cycle, or take everything out of my current setup{including sand}, put it in the new tank and just add more new water?

Should I keep all my old sand?{about four years old}

Edited by EagleEyez5 - April 08 2008 at 6:47pm

WMAS PAID SPONSOR
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2007 at 11:55pm
Congratulations on the house Jerry! I thought you just bought a lot. I would use the rock and sand from the 90 and add new water.

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 12:02am
This may turn into a 240 or 260...if I can get the tank for the right price.....
the lot was under contract, but the seller pulled out....we let him...long story, and family friend....
Oh and I want matts lights.....I will call you tomorrow...

Edited by EagleEyez5 - August 09 2007 at 12:03am

WMAS PAID SPONSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 6:43am
Cool. I expect to be home all day.

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2007 at 12:19am
Ok....I was at bird world today.....and checked out the tanks{oh and they have a ton of other good stuff for sale}....I will go with the 125....the price on the 210 was just a little high, plus then I need more lights....

I think for stocking I could add some stuff,

I currently have the following that will be moving over:

8 different kinds of zoanthids
4 different sps{I may add to these this week}
8 different kinds of mushrooms
2 different toads
1 lord acan
1 big rock of GSP{more yellowish/green}
1 Pompom xena
1 silver tip pulsating xena
1 kena
1 frog spawn
1 feather duster
1 encrusted monti
2 cleaner shrimp
1 powder brown tang
1 royal gramma
1 true perc
1 peppermint shrimp
2 stars
1 cucumber
and I am sure some other stuff I missed.....

Any suggestions on what else would work....fish or corals?

WMAS PAID SPONSOR
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2007 at 1:13am
Anything that looks cool.

Edited by Holdencraft 33 - August 10 2007 at 1:24am
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 3:05am
Update.....two tanks are now drilled.....I went ahead and drilled the 125 for a closed loop{for the future, after the current pumps die...only 6 months old}......I also had my 55 gal tank drilled for the first step in the sump system......there will be two 55 gal tanks and a 15 gal tank as the sump system......should be fun....

I also got the bulk heads installed, and the ball valves on.....

Tomorrow I will build the stand and water test the ball valves/bulkheads......

Then begins the cutting of the walls to plumb....

WMAS PAID SPONSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 5:58am
Ah yes, the fun begins! Clap

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 8:43pm
water testing tonight went well.....there were no leaks, but I am leaving it overnight with fresh water just to make sure.....I also got the stand built.....and went way overboard on it....it is about 200 lbs by itself....it is 36 3/4 inch tall....this will put the top of the tank at about 60 inches.....I also got the holes cut into the wall....I am just waiting for the carpet to get in, then I can get the tank on the stand and filled......I will clean the 55 and get water in it tomorrow....I will also put some sand and rock in it from my current system, so that I can get some of my new fish into it and acclimated to my system.....

Oh by the way my mystery wrasse/coris/helfrichi firefish are in my quarantine tank and doing great.....

WMAS PAID SPONSOR
Bob Kripfgans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Kripfgans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 9:25pm
Sounds Great Jerry!  Good luck ...it's nice to have it done right ...less work in the future. One day I plan to do mine in the basement also. There's lot's of room to work with and less spills on the carpet.
WMAS is da place!
Save the Banggai's!
Tooele,Ut.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 10:27pm
Wow. You sure got right after it! How about some pictures.

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2007 at 10:37pm
Ok I am still working on some pictures......The tank held water....and the carpet is purchased and goin in on thursday.......

Oh and the list of fish I am adding to the system is as follows:

2- Helfrichi firefish
1- Mystery Wrasse
1- Yellowtail Coris{juvi}
1- four line wrasse
1- goldrim tang
1- yellow tang
1- naso tang {6-7 inches}
1- potter angel {if he doesn't eat corals....}
1- mated pair of black clowns

WMAS PAID SPONSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2007 at 11:04pm
I would only put in one Helfrichi. Two will fight with each other. I would also put him in first so that he can learn the layout of the tank and be more comfortable before the more aggressive fish go in.

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2007 at 12:35am
I have the two together and they seem find in my 15 gal quarintine tank right now....

WMAS PAID SPONSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2007 at 9:16am
I hope it works out. They are beautiful fish and a pair would be cool.

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2007 at 3:19pm
Ok sad news, the coris passed on to the big ocean in the sky....or toilet....It was a juvi, and I knew it would be hard to transition him...oh well maybe another down the road will work out...... ...but all the stands are built and The sump tanks can now start to fill with water out of my current system....

WMAS PAID SPONSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2007 at 3:20pm
That's too bad about the Coris. It does sound like everything else is on schedule though! Clap

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 1:06am
ok the sand is in the main tank......but the it is still on the floor....one of the 55's is ready, and I am doing a water change tomorrow and taking the first 10 gal to the house and putting it in the 55....I will also take some sand and rock to keep the LW alive......then on friday, I will do another 10 gal..

For taking the water, I am adding 5 gal's of water to the current system, letting it mix in the tank, then taking 5 gal's out......then repeating the process.......this way I am not really doing a 10% water change, and the system won't be hurt.........

I was told that LW regrows in 24 hours........Just wanted to make sure.....that is why I am doing it every two days.......

Edited by EagleEyez5 - September 12 2007 at 1:08am

WMAS PAID SPONSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 10:06am

Jerry, I've not heard the 24 hour thing. I would do a 25-30% water change in the old tank and use that water as 25% of the water in the new tank. Obviously the more live water you can use the better.

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 11:08am
I am planning on doing this multiple times, and slowly filling the other system....I will do it over the course of two weeks, and then move the current setup after the new system is more than half full......about 100 gal's need to be moved before I will move the current setup....

WMAS PAID SPONSOR
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic