Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EagleEyez 125 new pix 04/08

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 7:02pm
It just so happens I have a very important meeting Thursday! (So does everyone else here)

Mike

EagleEyez5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 7:14pm
Oh I know....if I would only take the time and finish the hood, I would put in for tank of the month.....then I would have an excuss to get you over here.....

WMAS PAID SPONSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 7:46pm
True, true.

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2008 at 1:09am
Ok so I got to looking close at the flow in the tank tonight....I traded for another koralia 4 even though my first one seems to be leaking electrical current into the tank.....{I will be doing a 'silicon mod' to fix this problem}....but as I studied the flow, I realized that the two spray bars connected to the closed loop seemed to be a little low on flow.....so I picked up a small drill bit and began boring out the holes again.....there was so much coraline buildup on them that the flow had almost stopped.....after doing this, I realized that the koralia's on each end of the tank may be too much for some of the lps and soft corals I have......

My question is has anyone had any bad experience with too much flow?

I am running 2 koralia 4's with 1200 gph each, and a closed loop at about 1800 gph after head lose, as well as my sump return with 800 gph at 4 feet head......for a total of about 5000 gallons per hour in my 125 gallon tank.....too much?

WMAS PAID SPONSOR
Tresa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2008 at 7:57am
That might be too much for certain lps and mushrooms. I had to make sure I have lower flow in certain areas so i don't rip the flesh off the lps or rip the mushrooms off the rocks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2008 at 9:41am
I agree with Tresa. If the flow is too focused toward an LPS you can rip the flesh right off of it.

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2008 at 1:42pm
ok so to help with the fact that I have too much flow...not a problem we usually hear....I put the koralia's on my controler and run them oposite....so only one is on at a time....that cuts the amount of flow in the main tank to about 3800 gallons per hour......I let this run last night, and everything looked great this morning....

WMAS PAID SPONSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 6:43pm
Ok so I wanted to post some pictures of just one coral. The first picture is from Nov 26, just after I got the coral. There was not alot of growth between Nov and Feb, but look at the growth over the last three months......ie since I hooked up the small Cal reactor that is really under sized for my tank, but keeps Alk at 9.6 and cal at 440......so here you go:

Nov 26

Feb 4

Mar 4

Mar 30

Just a slight difference between each picture....

WMAS PAID SPONSOR
Jeff Morrill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Morrill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 6:55pm
Nice growth Jerry, Not bad for a little p.o.s. Reactor, Your lights, are they 250 Or 175? And what k rating and brand name?
WHAT KINDA GUM????... Give em 2 sticks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 8:52pm
They are the 250 watt 10000k bulbs....the name brand on the bulb says SPS.....I think it is south pacific sun?......I cant wait until they burn out and I can get the 14000k bulbs to replace them......

WMAS PAID SPONSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 8:57pm
Great growth Jerry! Thanks for posting the pictures.

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 9:00pm
I keep forgetting to spray your hood and stuff......I will try to remember tomorrow....sorry it has taken so long.......I do really need to get it done so I can get some of that coral growing in the tank.......I did get some really bright green nepthia......it is soo cool.....

WMAS PAID SPONSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 9:02pm
I was going to call about it last night and again tonight. But I didn't want to bug you about it. I'm anxious to get the frags too.

Mike

bannshy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2008 at 12:39am
that growth is killer
chris.rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2008 at 6:41pm
I love the stills over time.  Awesome, Jerry, thanks for taking the time post.
Ils sont fous, ces Romains!
Nano_Reefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nano_Reefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2008 at 9:20pm
Good job, way to grow. Thanks for the pix.Wink
Kahuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kahuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 6:27pm
We just got back from Jerry's and he has great tanks. He was also very generous with his frags.
Thanks
Cell 801 860-7333

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 1:20pm
Frustrated........after being gone for a week, we returned home and found some dead fish.....when we walked in the door, the humidity almost knocked us over......we got home at about 3 am and then I got to stay up another 2 hours doing water changes and cleaning up the mess......my good old gold rim tang had died and got stuck to one of the overflows.....it slowed it just enough to cause the tank to run over the front.......so the carpet had been wet at some point, and after a few days, the dead fish was eaten enough for the overflow to work again......probably lost about 2-3 gallons of water onto the carpet, and it dried on its own before we got home, but the smell is pretty 'old'.....I had to do the water change because nothing looked good, things were knocked over, fish were laying on the sand gasping, corals were all closed up.....so 20 gallons came out and 20 new went in........some of the corals are looking better now, but I still have only seen 3 fish......

I need a vacation from my return from vacation.......

WMAS PAID SPONSOR
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 1:23pm
:( i hate going out of town!

sorry :( hope everything else ends up being ok
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
Jeff Morrill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Morrill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 3:28pm
I will never go out of town again without someone checking my stuff at least two times a day. It sucks comming home to a mini disaster.
WHAT KINDA GUM????... Give em 2 sticks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic